evajones023
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ericapacheco)
Yes I would love to hear about the application process and SME if that’s okay. I’ve been really looking at applying to Sofia but I’m quite apprehensive because no one I know has applied to medicine abroad or so I really have no way of knowing what life’s like there or anything. What are the medical facilities like there and do you know if any Bulgarian medical schools are accredited by the Australian medical council or the Canadian one etc. )
Hey there! I'm happy to help. Have you contacted SME? Generally what you do is talk to a recruiter and they discuss what you want and your options and all that before going on to applying. I know the Sofia MU is recognised by the gmc but I never really looked into the Australian or Canadian ones so tbh I can't be sure, but i asssume so.
Zara023
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sn+4Fe+2)
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to apply to study Medicine , taught in English in Western Europe. I am wondering if anyone has experience of application, studying and cost and would recommend any agencies?
I'm currently a Pharmacist and want to study Medicine as an Undergraduate.
Hello, I’m a year 13 student at the moment and I’ve been looking at studying medicine in Eastern Europe. I’ve applied to some unis this year but due to not doing as well as I’d hoped in my UCAT, I didn’t apply to any that I originally wanted to. At the moment I’m thinking of taking a gap year and reapplying next year to unis in the UK or maybe going abroad instead. I’ve spoken to some agencies and the countries I’m most interested in are either Bulgaria or the Czech Republic, however I’m a bit hesitant at applying to Eastern Europe because I’ve never been there. Being from a Western European country (Portugal) myself, my main concern would be that the cultural barrier would be too big and I wouldn’t adapt. Does anyone know what it’s like there (either in Bulgaria or the Czech Republic) and what the reputation is like for the medical schools?
Hey guys, I’m a current fourth year student at Charles university studying medicine, if you guys need any help feel free to message.
Zara023
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tbh the reputation of of Czech Republic university’s are pretty good here. I’ve heard internationally they are pretty well respected as well. In terms of what to study for the entrance examinations because they can be a little tough I can recommend a company called Praguemed that can help you guys out
emmadreamer03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dil030497)
Hey, I am a third year student studying general medicine in Armenia, and went through SME, honestly they are very over priced and charged myself and others that came here between £4000 - £5000 with very little communication and in country support. On top they lied to us saying they had British students already studying in Armenia when in reality we were the first group. Because of this I am working directly with the university and MedConnect for student recruitment offering a lot more competitive agency fees and far better support. Have you thought about studying in Armenia? It’s a lot cheaper than any other country (£2800) and is WHO accredited and in the world directory of medical universities too. Additionally, MedConnect and the university are now giving students the opportunity to study their first year in our Dubai campus for the same tuition fees - an opportunity SME won’t provide either. And along with your degree if you choose to study in Dubai you’ll receive a level 6 diploma in pre-medical sciences plus the experience of how it’s like to live in Dubai (which many doctors and dentists dream of once they are qualified 😉). If you have any questions let me know and I’ll be happy to help 🙂

On top of you’d like more info on the process MedConnect are having an open day on the 21st of March. Take a look at the link below to register for the open day (it’s totally free and full of information)
What's up with all this? makes me less interested in medconnect tbh
ericapacheco
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zara023)
Tbh the reputation of of Czech Republic university’s are pretty good here. I’ve heard internationally they are pretty well respected as well. In terms of what to study for the entrance examinations because they can be a little tough I can recommend a company called Praguemed that can help you guys out
(Original post by Zara023)
Hey guys, I’m a current fourth year student at Charles university studying medicine, if you guys need any help feel free to message.
Hi, I would love to hear more about Charles University and what the application process is like. What grades did you apply with? (if you don’t mind me asking)
ericapacheco
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by evajones023)
Hey there! I'm happy to help. Have you contacted SME? Generally what you do is talk to a recruiter and they discuss what you want and your options and all that before going on to applying. I know the Sofia MU is recognised by the gmc but I never really looked into the Australian or Canadian ones so tbh I can't be sure, but i asssume so.
No I haven’t yet, I spoke to someone from Medlink but they were charging around £2000 and I’ve heard thats quite a bit mor expensive than other agencies. What sort of grades should I be aiming to apply with?
evajones023
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No I haven’t yet, I spoke to someone from Medlink but they were charging around £2000 and I’ve heard thats quite a bit mor expensive than other agencies. What sort of grades should I be aiming to apply with?
Well I mean each agency charges differently but you really have to look at the service you're getting to see whether it's worth it for you - everyone's different well for grades i had AAB and SME said that was fine but friends of mine had less than that and they got in too. I think that also depends on the uni. tbh it's best to speak to an agency who knows these things because I am clearly no expert lol
emmadreamer03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I had all Bs and I've still managed to apply in Bulgaria
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (408)
14.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (311)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (389)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (126)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (168)
6.06%
Loneliness (239)
8.62%
Financial worries (100)
3.61%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (111)
4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (129)
4.65%
Lack of real life entertainment (148)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (243)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (265)
9.56%

Watched Threads