The Student Room Group

Police officer application

Hi I'm applying for a degree apprenticeship as a police constable and they are asking me some questions, some eg:
Please describe a specific occasion when you have intervened to take control of a situation.
Please describe a specific occasion when you have considered a number of options before making a decision.

I'm really struggling here. I know some examples for example breaking a fight for the first q and choosing a university for the second q but theres a set of questions eg for the first one, why was it important to take control, what difficulties did you come across, etc..
I was never really good at explaining, just need some ideas please (:
I'm afraid those sub questions are also a test! Only you can answer them but there are hints and tips online. Try writing your example out in full detail not broadly on a word doc. You are explaining it to someone who wasn't with you at the time and has no idea about the background or context of the incident.

Why was important to intervene ie. Why did you feel the need to? Why you and not anyone else? Why was it important to?

What difficulties did you come across ie. Were there any problems that arose with the incident you dealt with, how did you overcome them?

I'd try and think of a couple of examples to use. You might not be able to answer the questions fully as might not be the right example for that competency.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending