alicemwill
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I was looking through old forums for people applying to gsa and eca and noticed that there isn't any discussions about people applying for 2021! If you are applying for this year how have you found it and what are you applying for?
Georgia147
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I’ve applied for painting and printmaking at GSA and fine art and painting at ECA
alicemwill
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Cool! I'm so glad someone replied to this haha ☺️ I've applied for communication design at GSA and illustration at ECA. how are you feeling about it?
Georgia147
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nice 👍.Just nervously waiting for a reply, how about you ?
sellybelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey guys, I recently got my offers from both schools but I can not decide which one to go to. I wanted ECA bc of the city and art history.
sellybelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you guys know anything about the schools?
Last edited by sellybelly; 1 week ago
Georgia147
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sellybelly)
hey guys, I recently got my offers from both schools but I can not decide which one to go to. I wanted ECA bc of the city and art history.
Both great schools,what course did you apply to ?
Georgia147
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you guys know anything about the schools?
I know more about Glasgow. Been to the open days before and they have amazing studio spaces.
sellybelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied to the international foundation program for both but I Initially focus on fine art. mostly do paintings however I make sculpture and photography too but I'm not sure if they let you do other things other than your program. Goldsmiths has a program called fine art and you get to study all the things in the area then choose.
Chyi2345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Georgia147)
Hey, I’ve applied for painting and printmaking at GSA and fine art and painting at ECA
That's amazing!
Also out of curiosity what did you do for the contextual images on the mini portfolio? I want to check if I did the right thing or messed up my application
Chyi2345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's so good! Both are insane I hope you are happy with which ever one you go to
Chyi2345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by alicemwill)
I was looking through old forums for people applying to gsa and eca and noticed that there isn't any discussions about people applying for 2021! If you are applying for this year how have you found it and what are you applying for?
Hi, I've applied to ECA for BA art
Chyi2345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also can you fill this out if you can? Is to help the other people in the Edinburgh Applicants 2021 figure out how they're giving out offers this year - https://forms.gle/CJDBJWT5FoQ9h1RC8
Georgia147
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chyi2345)
That's amazing!
Also out of curiosity what did you do for the contextual images on the mini portfolio? I want to check if I did the right thing or messed up my application
i Just added some sketchbook pages of my inspirations and artists, but not sure if that’s what i was supposed to do 😂
Georgia147
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have any of yous got an interview for GSA yet ?
lilya02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've applied to product design at both, I have an interview for GSA but the teaching seems to be really bad recently?? Hoping ECA will get back to me soon.
Jordyn Maclean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have applied to GSA for communication design. Both 1st and 2nd year. Has anyone had interviews yet or been offered one?
Shabba77
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey when did you have your interview? I had mines at GSA today and they said they just started interviewing this week and would find out by end of March. Just wondering how you heard so quickly!
sellybelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Shabba77)
Hey when did you have your interview? I had mines at GSA today and they said they just started interviewing this week and would find out by end of March. Just wondering how you heard so quickly!
hey, I signed to the interview the second I received the mail so I had the interview on Monday.
sellybelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jordyn Maclean)
I have applied to GSA for communication design. Both 1st and 2nd year. Has anyone had interviews yet or been offered one?
I had my interview and received an offer, they asked me to explain one of my projects in my portfolio, asked why I want to go to GSA and artist I am inspired and love, last question was What makes a good painting? hope it helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (72)
12.24%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.15%
Live streaming events (51)
8.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.35%
A uni comparison tool (137)
23.3%
An in-person event when available (131)
22.28%