Should I take a day off

Watch
MvcLaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I’m a uni student with a pretty heavy degree, I do volunteer work and I have a part time job. I work every day, 7 days a week, I did try to work 6 days a week but I kept working the extra day to get ahead.

Now I’m desperate to take tomorrow off for some self care, and essentials like cleaning my room, going for a jog and relaxation. But I’m behind on my work, and so I shouldn’t really take it off.

I’m organised, I make a timetable, keep up to date with my coursework and I probably attend 80% of my online classes. But I can feel myself being less and less productive each day, which is making me feel bad.

So, do I take the day off tomorrow despite being behind?

mra1108
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The fact that you work 7/6 days, having a heavy degree, volunteer.

Question is... Why are you falling behind? (you're even more organised than me lol)

But anyways, you need a day off or stress would overlap your studies. You deserve a rest my friend :gthumb:.

Have fun and be sure to take care yourself!
hannahmacp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I often find taking a day off here and there allows me to be more productive overall. Keeping going 24/7 could just lead to burnout, which could be detrimental to both health and work overall.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do it. None of this will benefit you long term if you have a mental breakdown and have to jack it all in anyway.
MvcLaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by mra1108)
The fact that you work 7/6 days, having a heavy degree, volunteer.

Question is... Why are you falling behind? (you're even more organised than me lol)

But anyways, you need a day off or stress would overlap your studies. You deserve a rest my friend :gthumb:.

Have fun and be sure to take care yourself!
Basically I ended up falling behind due to a 3000 word coursework piece being more complicated than I thought. I’m not majorly behind, it’s just that I was a week ahead with all my work and now I’m kinda on par with everyone else e.g preparing the day before a class rather than the week before.

Oh and I’ve been applying for grad jobs/vac schemes so that’s eaten into my usual work schedule

I’m so scared to take a day off completely haha
Last edited by MvcLaw; 1 week ago
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You NEED a day off. I understand your work and course is important but your health is more important. You need time to recharge and relax, it is important for a healthy mind and body. Don’t overwork yourself. Youre a human and not a robot.
mra1108
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is the deadline tomorrow??

Sorry, but if I were you I would do it now... rather than waiting to do it tomorrow.

Having to work more or do other things would overlap things. Maybe try to balance your studies, your work and your free time? (you do have a timetable right? Improve it ASAP)

You should pay attention to yourself more, your health is more important than anything. You don't want a long term effect (trust me)

Don't be a workaholic! It's not good for you.
MvcLaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by mra1108)
Is the deadline tomorrow??

Sorry, but if I were you I would do it now... rather than waiting to do it tomorrow.

Having to work more or do other things would overlap things. Maybe try to balance your studies, your work and your free time? (you do have a timetable right? Improve it ASAP)

You should pay attention to yourself more, your health is more important than anything. You don't want a long term effect (trust me)

Don't be a workaholic! It's not good for you.
My coursework isn’t due until Friday, I’ve done 1900 words of 3000. So I’ve got to finish that, then prep for 4 seminars throughout the week too. I think I could afford to take tomorrow off but I’m uncertain.

But everyone is making good points about balance and prioritising mental health
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise