superbo9y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Revision-wise, flashcards are pretty good.

But, do you think you should use flashcards created by others that cover the same content...

OR

your own?

some would say it saves time to use others, but sometimes your own wording helps you memorize things better.

What do you think?

mb_1910
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think using your own words helps you memorise it especially as you are making them. Idk for me using my own words helps it stick more
hannahmacp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I prefer physical cards so often do them myself, allows me to rank them based on difficulty easily. But if I have an upcoming test and there’s an existing set on Quizlet, Im using that one.
mra1108
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Using your own flashcards gives you the ability to memorise things more easier, as you only use your own words.

Or finding a pack that suits you. (But that would take time)

Up to you!
superbo9y
Rep:
?
(Original post by mb_1910)
I think using your own words helps you memorise it especially as you are making them. Idk for me using my own words helps it stick more
I agree, but have you ever seen a study set that just is really good with multiple examples, especially if it is a difficult topic?

Your own wording is good for memorizing, but when a study set breaks things down, it would make sense to use that, wouldn't it?
hannahmacp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by superbo9y)
I agree, but have you ever seen a study set that just is really good with multiple examples, especially if it is a difficult topic?

Your own wording is good for memorizing, but when a study set breaks things down, it would make sense to use that, wouldn't it?
Maybe you could have the best of both worlds, take a study set and put the cards in your own words? That way you know the detail and examples will be there but in a way you can learn it easily?
mra1108
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Up to you!

If you think the pack you found is good and helps you, then buy/download it.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I never use other people’s revision notes and flashcards. Obviously for the reason that making my own helps me to memorise the content but also because I don’t trust anyone else to be as thorough as me
mb_1910
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Yeah what I do sometimes is take inspiration from other study sets but then convert those answers into my own words and add stuff to make it a better answer for me so it's more detailed so I can definitely get all marks.
Last edited by mb_1910; 1 week ago
superbo9y
Rep:
?
mb_1910
hannahmacp
mra1108
Mesopotamian.

Thanks to everyone who contributed here, very helpful! 😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (167)
28.74%
No (414)
71.26%

Watched Threads