The Student Room Group

Valentine’s Day any point?

I have been speaking to a girl for probably 6 months straight now and I really like her and I think she does me and I feel like she’s expecting me to ask her out today as it’s Valentine’s Day but she also said how due to covid and her mum being vulnerable she won’t be going on dates or anything until covid is over which I fully understand as my family is vulnerable too, if we’re in lockdown for let’s say atleast another 4 months is there any point asking her? as we won’t be able to date or anything and will pretty much remain the same of just talking daily.

Should I just ask her? obviously can’t even send her gifts or give her anything either which is why it’s even more lame..
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have been speaking to a girl for probably 6 months straight now and I really like her and I think she does me and I feel like she’s expecting me to ask her out today as it’s Valentine’s Day but she also said how due to covid and her mum being vulnerable she won’t be going on dates or anything until covid is over which I fully understand as my family is vulnerable too, if we’re in lockdown for let’s say atleast another 4 months is there any point asking her? as we won’t be able to date or anything and will pretty much remain the same of just talking daily.

Should I just ask her? obviously can’t even send her gifts or give her anything either which is why it’s even more lame..

Ever thought of just dropping a present off at the doorstep or gifts from Amazon or such like.Where is your imagination Romeo?
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
Ever thought of just dropping a present off at the doorstep or gifts from Amazon or such like.Where is your imagination Romeo?

Good idea I’ll just get her address from my Crystal ball...just because you talk to someone doesn’t mean they’re willing to just hand over there address and with covid I don’t think she’ll appreciate me dropping off gifts at her house.
Reply 3
Just talk to her.

“Hey, I know COVID makes everything a bit more challenging but I would like to take you out sometime when we’re able to. Maybe a walk/ coffee/ drink/ movies, let me know what you think.”

It’s like a romantic gesture but respects that there’s current boundaries. It also lets her know that you intend to take her out once you’re able to.
Reply 4
Original post by Bexjw
Just talk to her.

“Hey, I know COVID makes everything a bit more challenging but I would like to take you out sometime when we’re able to. Maybe a walk/ coffee/ drink/ movies, let me know what you think.”

It’s like a romantic gesture but respects that there’s current boundaries. It also lets her know that you intend to take her out once you’re able to.

Perfect 👍thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending