Turn on thread page Beta

Bad skin :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of some really good products for clearing skin, as mine is being hideously spotty at the moment

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    floradix tablets from holland & barrett

ReputationRep:
    wear a mask/paper bag with eyeholes cut in it.

MB

ReputationRep:
    use the clinque or witch.

ReputationRep:
    sea salt dissolved in warm water works well cos salt is a natural healer

ReputationRep:
    have a look at acne.com. theres everything you need to know.

:worm:

ReputationRep:
    Water, Water, Water! A great foundation and concealer can work magic and keep your skin clean with whitch foaming face wash, clinique toner and clinique moisture in control moisturiser! Oh and i don't know if this applies but my skin gets awful if i have been drinking alcohol so if you drink, stay off the booze for a while!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immortal)
    Does anyone know of some really good products for clearing skin, as mine is being hideously spotty at the moment

Thank you xx
    i don't know what brand u have at your place...

in hk...i think biotherm, body shop, clean&clear, clinique...are pretty good.

and use face scrubs & masks as well if it's not enough.
    remember after cleaning to put on moisturiser!!
    (my mom sells cosmetics so...haha)

ReputationRep:
    Washing the skin, exfolating and of course witch hazel gel! If it is acne, go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    you're only 16...its just a fact of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    i don't know what brand u have at your place...

in hk...i think biotherm, body shop, clean&clear, clinique...are pretty good.

and use face scrubs & masks as well if it's not enough.
    remember after cleaning to put on moisturiser!!
    (my mom sells cosmetics so...haha)
    Clean and clear suck. It gets rid of your spots but your skin becomes dependant so when they clear up and you stop use, they come back even worse. Trust me on that one...

Use a none oil based moistouriser

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctors if it gets worse. That's what I did, and the doctor gave me some tablets and they helped to control my spots (didn't get rid of them but did improve them) but you can become immune to the tablets after a few month and so mine got worse. If that happens, there is a very strong medication called roaccutane, which in most cases can clear even the worst acne. I'm on it now, and I don't have any spots on my forehead, and very few on my cheeks, but above my lip i get some, and my chin is quite bad. But hopefully I can read this in about 3 months time an I will have clear skin :top:

ReputationRep:
    check out aromatherapy!

ReputationRep:
    check this out: http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    floradix tablets from holland & barrett
    what does it do?

ReputationRep:
    i tried tree tree oil it worked wonders for me

ReputationRep:
    I got this natural collection tea tree cleanser/toner from Boots that worked really well.
    Lots of water and less chocolate is also good .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    Water, Water, Water! A great foundation and concealer can work magic and keep your skin clean with whitch foaming face wash, clinique toner and clinique moisture in control moisturiser! Oh and i don't know if this applies but my skin gets awful if i have been drinking alcohol so if you drink, stay off the booze for a while!

Lou
    xxx
    Can men also use moisturiser, foundation or concealer and what are the best ones to get? Im currently using this stuff from a company called Environ (do a dearch for your nearest clinic) and it basically contains tee tree oil and has made them 'better'. But yes try eating less choco's and sweets.

"clinique moisture in control moisturiser" is that the name of the product?

ReputationRep:
    just stick to a regular routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising, and apart from that try not to use any other products on your face. only use foundation or powder when necessary and make sure you wash them off properly

ReputationRep:
    eat as much fruit and veg and drink as much water as you can possibly manage. flush out any toxins that way and try to avoid makeup which will clog up your pores. You can also get your doctor to prescribe something or put you on the pill (dianette is the one for skin i think).

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.