The Student Room Group

Is she purposely ignoring me for some reason?

This girl in my class had been texting me for two weeks has suddenly stopped and when I sent her messages it shows it as delivered but unseen. Ik she didn’t block me or unadded me but it feels weird that she hasn’t responded in a week. I see her everyday in class in zoom, she has her camera off all time and always has since I have had her in my two classes. I texted her in the chat on zoom but only responded when I said and how are you. She said hey girl, how are you but when I asked her other questions she didn’t respond. I don’t know what that means. I am getting mixed signals since she was the one who texted me first and wanted all my social contacts so we could talk. What is going on?
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but she’s definitely ignoring you on purpose - after all, who isn’t on there phone 24/7 (especially during a lockdown).
Maybe if you know she doesn’t go on social media sites that often, then maybe she isn’t ignoring you, but when I log off my accounts for weeks at a time I make sure to let my friends know, as obviously I don’t want them to think I’m ignoring them as I care about our friendship.

Could there have been an ulterior motive for her wanting to be your friend? Such as to help her get closer to another person or even just to get hw answers? It just seems a bit suspicious to me that she came out of nowhere and has now disappeared all of a sudden.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but she’s definitely ignoring you on purpose - after all, who isn’t on there phone 24/7 (especially during a lockdown).
Maybe if you know she doesn’t go on social media sites that often, then maybe she isn’t ignoring you, but when I log off my accounts for weeks at a time I make sure to let my friends know, as obviously I don’t want them to think I’m ignoring them as I care about our friendship.

Could there have been an ulterior motive for her wanting to be your friend? Such as to help her get closer to another person or even just to get hw answers? It just seems a bit suspicious to me that she came out of nowhere and has now disappeared all of a sudden.

Not that I know of. The class isn’t that hard for her so I don’t think for homework answers and as far as I know she doesn’t want to get closer to anyone since I don’t have that much friends since it’s my first year in college and it’s on zoom, no less. So I don’t think there’s an ulterior motive.
Original post by Anonymous
This girl in my class had been texting me for two weeks has suddenly stopped and when I sent her messages it shows it as delivered but unseen. Ik she didn’t block me or unadded me but it feels weird that she hasn’t responded in a week. I see her everyday in class in zoom, she has her camera off all time and always has since I have had her in my two classes. I texted her in the chat on zoom but only responded when I said and how are you. She said hey girl, how are you but when I asked her other questions she didn’t respond. I don’t know what that means. I am getting mixed signals since she was the one who texted me first and wanted all my social contacts so we could talk. What is going on?

You could text the following:

Are you ignoring me?
If you'd prefer we stop talking that's fine, but could you do me the curtesy of saying so.

Direct and youll have your answer, unless she ignores that. In which case id write her off as a bit of a **** and move on.
Reply 4
Original post by Iamherenow1
You could text the following:

Are you ignoring me?
If you'd prefer we stop talking that's fine, but could you do me the curtesy of saying so.

Direct and youll have your answer, unless she ignores that. In which case id write her off as a bit of a **** and move on.

I guess i will ask if she’s ignoring me and if she doesn’t respond then move on. I would like to be as civilized as I can since I know I will have more classes with her since we are majoring in the same thing and we have the same class requirements since we are taking associates degree classes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending