BlackLab
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am hoping to do civil engineering for uni and planning to crash Higher geography in S6 alongside AH maths and physics.

Any recommendations,especially from those who have crashed before, on what nat5 topics to read up on in preparation for the higher course and what books/resources would be best for this? Leckie, hodder how to pass, brightred, scholar?
user1616
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Im crashing higher geography right now! Honestly, its the easiest higher by far and I did no preparation or anything before starting it. If you really feel like you will need to do some nat5 work or prepare in any way at all then I recommend learning how to do six figure grid references (theres videos on youtube and bbc bitesize) but apart from that I wouldn’t worry. Its not too difficult compared to other highers
BlackLab
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply. I just checked out 6 figure grid references and that is straight forward enough.

Is there anything I should read up on such as land formation etc? I did geography up to S3 and vaguely remember things like corrie formations, land uses etc, do you need base knowledge on those topics for higher or is it all new content?
user1616
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is definitely some things from nat5 that can help but most of it is new knowledge. The teacher should go over it anyways for those who didnt do nat5 so I wouldnt worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (26)
13.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (43)
22.87%
Live streaming events (17)
9.04%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
9.57%
A uni comparison tool (42)
22.34%
An in-person event when available (42)
22.34%