CeX phone selling

Watch this thread
Jademsmith0981
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya I was wondering if anyone knows how CeX works as I am unfamiliar. I want to sell my IPhone 11 and they show they can sell it for £590 but I see that they do partial payment and partial voucher but I would want full payment?
I have a CeX near me, can I just go to the shop and ask them to sell it?
Do they have an email address I can message?
hamzaali_2004
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Cuz of lockdown u probably won’t be able to sell it rn I’m pretty sure. (Not sure though) and if u go local phone shops and stuff they’ll probably give u a better offer! As CEX normally gives u really low rates
ItsJcesar
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey. I don’t think Cex is open, as the whole of the UK is in lockdown. Therefore you’ll have to email the store, and probably have to ship your phone through Royal Mail to have it sold.
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jademsmith0981)
Hiya I was wondering if anyone knows how CeX works as I am unfamiliar. I want to sell my IPhone 11 and they show they can sell it for £590 but I see that they do partial payment and partial voucher but I would want full payment?
No, you cannot go in, because it's lockdown and they're all closed for anything besides collections and drop-offs.

The website lists three prices- what they sell for, and what they will buy it from you for with either a voucher or cash as payment. That's not a single offer split between both, they will give you one or the other. For example for this iPhone 11, they would give you either £265 in cash or £354 as a voucher, depending on what you want.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
's post is spot on. I would just add though that those prices are usually for a "mint condition" phone that is unlocked. They also have discounted buy prices if there is damage to it or if it's locked (they remove the lock I believe). Damage could range from a cracked screen, to just having stains potentially. They do buy phones with cracked screens if they still work though (I sold my much older phone with a cracked screen to them that way).
username612415
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Gofre's post is spot on. I would just add though that those prices are usually for a "mint condition" phone that is unlocked. They also have discounted buy prices if there is damage to it or if it's locked (they remove the lock I believe). Damage could range from a cracked screen, to just having stains potentially. They do buy phones with cracked screens if they still work though (I sold my much older phone with a cracked screen to them that way).
CEX will just sell phones labeled as unlocked or by which carrier they're locked, rather than unlocking them themselves. Unsurprisingly locked phones are bought and sold for less than unlocked ones.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ah really, I thought they unlocked it...good to know :holmes:
HaydenFordz
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
don't sell to CEX, you can sell it for more on Ebay lmfao
username612415
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Ah really, I thought they unlocked it...good to know :holmes:
Nope, for example if you search by low price the first options are the carrier locked models.

https://uk.webuy.com/search?stext=ip...ategoryIds=844
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ah, the more you know! Although I wouldn't buy a phone from CEX so it would really only affect me in terms of selling it...

I must say I'm not sure I'd buy any hardware from them as such, a friend of mine used to and almost every time they had to replace it or refund it because they one they sold was faulty
Jademsmith0981
Rep:
(Original post by ItsJcesar)
Hey. I don’t think Cex is open, as the whole of the UK is in lockdown. Therefore you’ll have to email the store, and probably have to ship your phone through Royal Mail to have it sold.
Sorry I knew the were closed for lockdown, but just wanted to know if they would take it after lockdown x
Jademsmith0981
Rep:
(Original post by hamzaali_2004)
Cuz of lockdown u probably won’t be able to sell it rn I’m pretty sure. (Not sure though) and if u go local phone shops and stuff they’ll probably give u a better offer! As CEX normally gives u really low rates
Oh I see, maybe I’ll go to local phone shops instead and hopefully get a good price!
Jademsmith0981
Rep:
Thank you so much for explaining, I’m dumb and thought they would pay me both or roughly £500, not £265, which is such a shame!
Jademsmith0981
Rep:
(Original post by HaydenFordz)
don't sell to CEX, you can sell it for more on Ebay lmfao
Yeah I currently have it up on eBay but I read that people get scammed easily and people can buy it and then complain that it’s not in the condition they wanted and then scam
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I currently have it up on eBay but I read that people get scammed easily and people can buy it and then complain that it’s not in the condition they wanted and then scam
You could always put it on Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree and stipulate local pick up/delivery only and cash only.

I’ve bought and sold with both CeX and Music Magpie and had no problem with either. They are useful if you want your money quickly but will mark stuff down if they even find one scuff or scratch anywhere on the phone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
41.48%
They're exactly what I expected (63)
23.33%