ChrAgy2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys,
Which accommodations would you recommend for Birmingham city university??
spork232ca
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ChrAgy2003)
Hey guys,
I'm also thinking about going to Birmingham I have kind of had a look at the accommodation and I'm not too sure to be honest. From the brief look I've had I think selly oak looks nice I think you have to apply to 5 and you get put in 1 of the 5 you applied to. I'd say look for one that is close to where you are going to be on campus.
ChrAgy2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by spork232ca)
I'm also thinking about going to Birmingham I have kind of had a look at the accommodation and I'm not too sure to be honest. From the brief look I've had I think selly oak looks nice I think you have to apply to 5 and you get put in 1 of the 5 you applied to. I'd say look for one that is close to where you are going to be on campus.
Ohhh honestly I had no idea you have to apply to 5 thanks for informing me, I think I liked the look of staniforth and I might have a look into onynx too. It’s so hard to choose tho 😫
Just.curious
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wait can you apply to private student halls too for your 5choices? Because in the uni accommodation portfolio for bcu Onyx isn’t on there ? So I thought that it is a private uni hall I’m so confused eek
Nido Student
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys,
Hi ChrAgy2003,

Depends if you want to go for uni halls or private student accommodation . Nido Student offers a modern student residence in the heart of Birmingham, just a few minutes’ walk from both Aston University and Birmingham City University. Plus, you don't have to worry about the application process as you can just book your room in a few clicks and you can cancel your room until 31st of July 2021, in case you change your mind. We offer studio and ensuite rooms with shared living and kitchen areas, plus plenty of common rooms such as TV lounge, gym and study spaces, so the perfect combination to meet your neighbours and make new friends. You can find more info on our website (https://www.nidostudent.com/location...m/globe-works/) or contact us directly and we're happy to help .

Thanks,
Puck
Advertisement
spork232ca
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ohhh honestly I had no idea you have to apply to 5 thanks for informing me, I think I liked the look of staniforth and I might have a look into onynx too. It’s so hard to choose tho 😫
Yeah, I attended a virtual event for Birmingham accommodation it was like a Q and A and what I gathered is that I think you have to apply to a minimum of 4 but a max of 6 I think. They said really to make sure you'd be happy with all of your 6 as there is no guarantee you'll get your first choice and stuff. I'd also say watch some YouTube videos from students who have actually lived in these accomodations they give a really good insight into it.
Just.curious
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Onyx wasn’t on the portfolio last time I checked on the BCU uni website
are we allowed to apply to it still ? X
Advertisement
najeb3
Rep:
?
Report 10 hours ago
(Original post by Just.curious)
Onyx wasn’t on the portfolio last time I checked on the BCU uni website
are we allowed to apply to it still ? X
@ChrAgy2003

I do not recommend Onyx , check some of the reviews. You can try University Locks if you want to be super close to city centre campus. Some students say The Bently House is really good.
but for me I enjoyed homestaying with a family/couple for 2 months in summer 2020.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (406)
52.19%
No (372)
47.81%

Watched Threads