EDUC4TION
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have just started a 12 month self study course I found online that gives me access to study materiel an some mock assessments. I want to be a fully qualified mortgage advisor and plan to do all the studying at home alongside my job. As I understand it I must pass CeMAP 1,2 and 3 exams to be qualified. My questions are;

Must I take all three exams together, or can I do them one at a time, e.g. cemap 1 exam in 3 months, then assuming I passed cemap 1 I can start studying for cemap 2 and take that exam in 6 months etc.

What happens if I haven't passed all three exams after the 12 months? e.g. If I've only passed cemap 1 and 2, after 12 months do I have to pass all three exams again? Or do I only need to pass cemap 3 at that point as the qualification never expires?

Do I have a time limit on passing each exam in-between each other or can I take 2 years to pass them all for example?

Am I likely to get a mortgage advisor job without having passed all three exams? e.g only having passed cemap 1 and 2 but not 3 or any other combination?

I currently have 5 years experience selling life/illness insurance at a mortgage broker but have never actually worked in mortgages.

Many thanks in advance
Last edited by EDUC4TION; 5 months ago
EDUC4TION
Rep:
?
bump
chippy212
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello there,

1. You can take the exams at any time you like, I personally did 1 after 2 months of study and then did 2 and 3 on the same day after another 2 months or so (I would advise you take 2 and 3 as close together as possible).

2 and 3. If you register for each unit individually, you have a year to do each one, if you register for all at once you'll have a year to do all of them. It does not matter if you finish cemap 1 and 2, and then a wait a year to register for 3, you can take as long as you want.

4. You can get a job without passing any, as a trainee, and they will train you up to do them. However they are very hard to come across and I would suggest finishing all 3 before getting a job in the field.

Stay dedicated, and you'll be fine, your insurance background will help you greatly. CeMAP 1 is the hardest in my opinion.

Good luck!
EDUC4TION
Rep:
?
(Original post by chippy212)
Hello there,

1. You can take the exams at any time you like, I personally did 1 after 2 months of study and then did 2 and 3 on the same day after another 2 months or so (I would advise you take 2 and 3 as close together as possible).

2 and 3. If you register for each unit individually, you have a year to do each one, if you register for all at once you'll have a year to do all of them. It does not matter if you finish cemap 1 and 2, and then a wait a year to register for 3, you can take as long as you want.

4. You can get a job without passing any, as a trainee, and they will train you up to do them. However they are very hard to come across and I would suggest finishing all 3 before getting a job in the field.

Stay dedicated, and you'll be fine, your insurance background will help you greatly. CeMAP 1 is the hardest in my opinion.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply much appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise