bluemashmellow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
what can you do with an AAT Level 4 diploma?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
does that include the required practical experience to qualify as AAT?
manlikedabilz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I am currently coming to the end of aat level 2 and will move on to level 3 and level 4 in the coming years. In answer to your question, there is a lot that you can do with the aat level 4 diploma. You can go to university, go on to study acca/aca/cima or other chartered qualifications, if you have the experience and contacts you can start your own bookkeeping/accounting firm. In conclusion it is a very good diploma to have and gives you a good grounding in accounting and finance, teaching you the basics, and it doesn't stop you from doing an accounting degree.
bluemashmellow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by manlikedabilz)
Hi, I am currently coming to the end of aat level 2 and will move on to level 3 and level 4 in the coming years. In answer to your question, there is a lot that you can do with the aat level 4 diploma. You can go to university, go on to study acca/aca/cima or other chartered qualifications, if you have the experience and contacts you can start your own bookkeeping/accounting firm. In conclusion it is a very good diploma to have and gives you a good grounding in accounting and finance, teaching you the basics, and it doesn't stop you from doing an accounting degree.
the thing is I would start an aat level 2 but I'm just about to finish my a levels. and AAT Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE I believe.
I have been looking for AAT Level 3/4 in my area but they start before I finish my a levels. I finish in June and they start in march.
I really want to do an AAT Level 3, I have applied to university and have got unconditional offers for accountancy but I believe an aat would be better for me to achieve.
manlikedabilz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bluemashmellow)
the thing is I would start an aat level 2 but I'm just about to finish my a levels. and AAT Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE I believe.
I have been looking for AAT Level 3/4 in my area but they start before I finish my a levels. I finish in June and they start in march.
I really want to do an AAT Level 3, I have applied to university and have got unconditional offers for accountancy but I believe an aat would be better for me to achieve.
I would take a gap year and start at level 2 if I were you
manlikedabilz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do a gap year to see what it is really like and whether it is something you want to do before spending 3/4 years on a degree, unless it is something that you are sure you want to do so yh
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its not unknown to go straight to level 3 - the way many of the courses are paced makes AAT rather long if you dont do this.
manlikedabilz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can but I think you will find aat level 3 very hard without any background in accounting, level 2 is hard to pass as in you can get good grades but takes alot of revision. I personally would take extra time to do level 2 first, but you can go straight to level 3 if you are willing to put very hard work in.
bluemashmellow
Rep:
?
You can but I think you will find aat level 3 very hard without any background in accounting, level 2 is hard to pass as in you can get good grades but takes alot of revision. I personally would take extra time to do level 2 first, but you can go straight to level 3 if you are willing to put very hard work in.
I guess so. if I do take the level 2 following the level 3.
how long will it take to complete?
or how long is the level 2 course.
bluemashmellow
Rep:
?
also I'm 19 so I feel like I'm a little late in starting the aat level 2?
manlikedabilz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bluemashmellow)
I guess so. if I do take the level 2 following the level 3.
how long will it take to complete?
or how long is the level 2 course.
oh dw honestly it is only 8 months max, you can finish it in 6
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (590)
49.75%
No (596)
50.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise