'I'm still waiting on uni offers' megathread

Watch
Nx_.1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve heard back from all my universities apart from KCL Sent my application off in early November! Some people have gotten offers and they’ve sent their application after me... I think I should be worried.
AFluffyPenguin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nx_.1)
I’ve heard back from all my universities apart from KCL Sent my application off in early November! Some people have gotten offers and they’ve sent their application after me... I think I should be worried.
Don't be worried. Alot of people are still waiting. They have until May to get back to you
Mueez Khan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KMR5103)
Hello fellow international applicant 😄
Oh hahaha ur also international, manchester ngl seems to have loads of international students coming from all over the world.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ooh good luck! P.s. hello there fellow Manchester applicant! What course have you opted?
Mech eng
However, all people in my year want me to get rejected from Manchester because I am a LFC supporter. They think that I may get headbutted every weekend if I go to Manchester with a Liverpool kit on.
KMR5103
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nx_.1)
The unis are surely taking their time...Don’t worry though, I’m sure you’ll hear back soon 😄
KMR5103
Rep:
?
(Original post by 8013)
Mech eng
However, all people in my year want me to get rejected from Manchester because I am a LFC supporter. They think that I may get headbutted every weekend if I go to Manchester with a Liverpool kit on.
Damn this sounds serious 😂
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't forget that university admissions staff have been working from home often juggling with home schooling during the busiest month of the year for applications arriving. That's different to previous years and might mean all sorts of delays to decisions getting made

If you haven't heard *anything* (ie no portal login or email acknowledgement) and it's been 4 weeks since you applied then give your universities a gentle nudge/phone call to make sure you haven't missed any communications
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
40% of applications this year are still waiting for a decision (compared to 30% this time last year)
Treetop
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
40% of applications this year are still waiting for a decision (compared to 30% this time last year)
Hey, where's that stat from?
Goodbye Ricicles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Waiting for Leeds art university and Westminster, it's not looking good as Westminster have not even given me a portfolio request yet, and I'm applying for their filmmaking course. To make things even worse, I made a grammatical error on my portfolio for Leeds, so I can pretty much kiss that offer goodbye (no pun intended)
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Treetop)
Hey, where's that stat from?
here: https://www.ucas.com/sign-web-link
roshnijesrani
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied on the 29th Jan, so basically on the deadline, and haven't heard back from any of them. On a scale of 1-10, how worried should I be
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where did you apply: Edinburgh, St Andrews, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Stirling
What course did you opt: History/Modern History for St Andrews
How long has it been since you applied: 9 weeks
What are your thoughts about this?: I'm a Scottish applicant and scottish unis take longer anyway but I just want to hear back from at least one of them it would motivate me so much
First choice of Uni: St Andrews
Insurance choice of Uni: Glasgow/Edinburgh
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by roshnijesrani)
I applied on the 29th Jan, so basically on the deadline, and haven't heard back from any of them. On a scale of 1-10, how worried should I be
1/10
It's been less than 10 days since UCAS finished sending through all on time applications.

If you haven't heard *anything* (ie no emails and no portal logins) after a month has passed then get in touch to make sure you haven't missed any important communications.
Treetop
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply. That link doesn't take me anywhere useful tho.
Do you have to be a Uni to be able to access that info? It's really interesting!
KMR5103
Rep:
?
(Original post by Treetop)
Thanks for the reply. That link doesn't take me anywhere useful tho.
Do you have to be a Uni to be able to access that info? It's really interesting!
I don’t think so. Generally such information can be accessed by anyone.
Nawaz_101
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
got through St Andrew's today... still waiting for Edin and Manchester.... the wait...!!!!
btw, any thoughts/opinions on postgrads in Comp-Sci at St Andrew's for an international applicant.??
roshnijesrani
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
1/10
It's been less than 10 days since UCAS finished sending through all on time applications.

If you haven't heard *anything* (ie no emails and no portal logins) after a month has passed then get in touch to make sure you haven't missed any important communications.
aha thank you! i'm a little less stressed now
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey there...how are you?

Times are tough and waiting to hear back from Unis can be pretty frustrating. Vent out my friends. You could start with:

Your name:
Where did you apply:
What course did you opt:
How long has it been since you applied:
What are your thoughts about this?:
First choice of Uni:
Insurance choice of Uni:
I applied to Leeds York Aston man Met and Nottingham Trent heard back from all apart leeds

I applied to do a mix of business and marketing
I applied in December 1!!!
It’s my first choice uni and I feel like dying because it’s taking so long and it’s all I can think about !
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where did you apply: Cardiff, Bath, Swansea, Aberystwyth, Portsmouth
What course did you opt: German and IR/ politics
How long has it been since you applied: Applied on the 4th Jan
What are your thoughts about this?:

Been given offers for all apart from Bath which hasn't replied yet. Its a bit annoying as most people seem to have heard back pretty quickly and so i thought i would hear back within a month (i know its only been a bit over a month but now i am feeling like its going to take a while yet). I also strongly suspect a rejection from Bath as i dont meet their GCSE requirements which kind of makes it worse (although i dont really want to go there anyway). I appreciate they are having an incredibly tough time this year though and ik they are working as hard as they can given the circumstances.

I think i am going to firm Cardiff and insurance Aber.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (52)
24.19%
Unhappy (56)
26.05%
Conflicted (107)
49.77%

Watched Threads