Binge eating disorder recovery blog

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It doesn't matter that you've not been diagnosed. You're having a tough time in your relationship with food so whether it's disordered eating, an eating disorder, whatever, there's still something there that you may benefit from getting some support with.
Okay thanks. Can you send me the link to it please?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay thanks. Can you send me the link to it please?
It'll take some time to be approved on here since anons can't send links without approval. If you search 'Beat chat rooms' in Google, it'll be the first result. The second result tells you all about the different groups.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
It'll take some time to be approved on here since anons can't send links without approval. If you search 'Beat chat rooms' in Google, it'll be the first result. The second result tells you all about the different groups.
Thanks I just joined
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks I just joined
Nice! Let me know how it goes!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Really want chocolate ugh this is too hard
Anonymous #1
Nice! Let me know how it goes!
I was really busy couldn’t get a word in
Anonymous #1
I was really busy couldn’t get a word in
*It

I can’t stop thinking about doughnuts, milk chocolate bars and cookies and muffins feeling so so miserable
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
*It

I can’t stop thinking about doughnuts, milk chocolate bars and cookies and muffins feeling so so miserable
Ok, so let's replace that with thoughts about how much better you'll feel by not having them. Tell me three things you're looking forward to once you've recovered
Anonymous #1
Ok, so let's replace that with thoughts about how much better you'll feel by not having them. Tell me three things you're looking forward to once you've recovered
Better blood sugars, losing weight and that’s it. Why do they have to be so bad for me and why do I feel so empty without it 💔
I’ll keep going on but I feel stressed
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Better blood sugars, losing weight and that’s it. Why do they have to be so bad for me and why do I feel so empty without it 💔
I’ll keep going on but I feel stressed
So for me, I always go vain for my third reason. Think of all the nice clothes you've always wanted that you'll be able to buy and with the money you'll eventually save from not binging, you'll be able to buy them!
Anonymous #1
So for me, I always go vain for my third reason. Think of all the nice clothes you've always wanted that you'll be able to buy and with the money you'll eventually save from not binging, you'll be able to buy them!
That’s so true! All the money I’ve spent on binging could’ve went towards a holiday! Thanks a lot, my craving has reduced
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
That’s so true! All the money I’ve spent on binging could’ve went towards a holiday! Thanks a lot, my craving has reduced
Vanity works so I'm always like, think of all the nice shirts I get to buy. That's ok and I'm sorry to hear about the support group - did it at least give you things to think about?
Anonymous #1
Vanity works so I'm always like, think of all the nice shirts I get to buy. That's ok and I'm sorry to hear about the support group - did it at least give you things to think about?
That’s good, how long were you going strong before you “relapsed”?
BEAT called me to just tell me there’s support on their site and I should try the support group again. And I should call my GP again but there are no eating disorder services near my area that are on the nhs. So it would be a waste of time
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
That’s good, how long were you going strong before you “relapsed”?
BEAT called me to just tell me there’s support on their site and I should try the support group again. And I should call my GP again but there are no eating disorder services near my area that are on the nhs. So it would be a waste of time
So I've not actually recovered at all. Most I've managed without purging is 10 days, but I've been pretty solidly having an ED without let up for 4 years in July. I'm tempted to recover on occasions, but when this is all you know it's tough. I mean definitely give it time with the support group. Have you considered mentioning PTSD symptoms though?
Anonymous #1
So I've not actually recovered at all. Most I've managed without purging is 10 days, but I've been pretty solidly having an ED without let up for 4 years in July. I'm tempted to recover on occasions, but when this is all you know it's tough. I mean definitely give it time with the support group. Have you considered mentioning PTSD symptoms though?
Ah sorry. 10 days is impressive though. What have the doctors said, is your health at risk? And no understand, it is very difficult when you’ve been suffering it for such a long time.

I will try but the GP’s can’t diagnose it I’ve heard and it has to be a psychiatrist :/ and that’s going to take long
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just checking in with you. Have you spoken to your GP/Nurse to check if you're now considered high risk for COVID-19? Hope you're alright.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Just checking in with you. Have you spoken to your GP/Nurse to check if you're now considered high risk for COVID-19? Hope you're alright.
Thanks. I think I’m high risk because of my diabetes but I heard it’s only key workers right now who are getting vaccinated.
Anonymous #1
It’s only been 2 days! I cannot believe it, it feels like it has been a week.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks. I think I’m high risk because of my diabetes but I heard it’s only key workers right now who are getting vaccinated.
No, they're at group 6 or so currently. I've had my vaccine as I'm high risk (CEV/Shielding), had it 3 weeks ago.

Please check in with them. Your safety is important!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
No, they're at group 6 or so currently. I've had my vaccine as I'm high risk (CEV/Shielding), had it 3 weeks ago.

Please check in with them. Your safety is important!
Oh right. I thought I’d wait for them to contact me to tell me they’re ready. I keep procrastinating calling them even about the referral. I promise I will get it done tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.4%
No (692)
51.6%

Watched Threads