The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Uni Liverpool

Hi Guys, hopefully i will be coming to the UOL next year, but currently choosing accoms.
For certain reasons, I wouldn't want to be sharing my kitchen with others but I am really a social able person and love talking to others.
I wonder if getting a studio in crown place would massively hinder my chances of meeting others and overall having a good freshers week.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Guys, hopefully i will be coming to the UOL next year, but currently choosing accoms.
For certain reasons, I wouldn't want to be sharing my kitchen with others but I am really a social able person and love talking to others.
I wonder if getting a studio in crown place would massively hinder my chances of meeting others and overall having a good freshers week.

Just to check, do you have a medical or mental health reason that you can provide written documentation for for needing a studio?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Sandtrooper
Just to check, do you have a medical or mental health reason that you can provide written documentation for for needing a studio?

No its nothing like that its just personal preference
No its nothing like that its just personal preference

Okay, just so you know, there's no guarantee you will get a Crown Place studio then.

I would say that it wouldn't hinder you in normal years, but if there are still COVID restrictions, it could be a bit tricky. They always try their best to integrate people, though.

If you can bear to share a kitchen in a small flat, e.g. Philharmonic, I would really go for it. I hated the idea of sharing but did it in first year and it really helped me to make friends before I moved into a studio for the rest of my degree.
Reply 5
I would say that it wouldn't hinder you in normal years, but if there are still COVID restrictions, it could be a bit tricky. They always try their best to integrate people, though.

If you can bear to share a kitchen in a small flat, e.g. Philharmonic, I would really go for it. I hated the idea of sharing but did it in first year and it really helped me to make friends before I moved into a studio for the rest of my degree.

thank you i will look into it, also wanted to ask about vine court is that a good place?
thank you i will look into it, also wanted to ask about vine court is that a good place?

What are your criteria for a 'good place'? What will you be studying? Happy to advise but of course it depends on what you are looking for in a room.
Reply 7
What are your criteria for a 'good place'? What will you be studying? Happy to advise but of course it depends on what you are looking for in a room.

Good place in terms of social aspect

So, this will completely depend on who you get put with, in all honesty. The most naturally sociable accommodations are Melville Grove, and Vine Court (catered), but neither of these seem to be what you are looking for. You can see the flat sizes here (https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/livacuk/accommodation/documents/UG,Fees,Location,Chart,2021-22.pdf) which might help you to decide which accommodation to go for. That being said, it honestly really depends on who you get put with. From what I've heard, in recent years, Greenbank has been quite a social accommodation, though (but I was there before the refurb, so the flat sizes are smaller now).

Hi there,

I think that most of the halls in University of Liverpool are fairly sociable, it used to be that Carnatic halls used to be known as the most social halls to live in (but sadly this is closed now). The most comparible hall is Greenbank (it is also off-campus, within its own green space), so I would recommend there. It is close to Liverpool's main student area (Smithdown Road), so there is lots of student pubs, cafes etc., and Sefton Park (I think Liverpool's best park!) is just 5 minutes walk away.

If you have any more questions, or what to hear more any of the halls then ask away below :biggrin:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

hi, are you still getting a studio ? I might also be at a studio this September. just wondering if there were others ?
hi, are you still getting a studio ? I might also be at a studio this September. just wondering if there were others ?

Hello,

If you have not done so already, i would recommend joining the Facebook page for 2021/22 and posting on there !

Antonia :h:
University of Liverpool - student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending