I need to gain weight

Watch
jpoteliackhoff
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I’m 17 at 50kg - I’m aware that this is very light, whatever I eat I don’t gain weight idk what to do I need help
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jpoteliackhoff)
So I’m 17 at 50kg - I’m aware that this is very light, whatever I eat I don’t gain weight idk what to do I need help
Fats, carbs, protein.
Do some muscular exercises as well.
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Eat more, especially calorie dense foods like peanut butter are the easiest to eat small amounts of but increase your total calorie intake
lmgreynolds
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you really don't put on weight eating more, perhaps go to your GP as it could be a thyroid thing x
6lack
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Weight gainer helped me, but also eat more also.. just ensure you lift weights/ do situps or it will turn to fat
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How tall are you? If you're 5 ft 4 or under then you're not technically underweight (although that doesn't mean you don't look small or that gaining weight would do any harm)
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lmgreynolds)
If you really don't put on weight eating more, perhaps go to your GP as it could be a thyroid thing x
This...
Natalie Pate
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sometimes, if you feel depressed, have anxiety, or weak immunity, then it’s very difficult to gain weight because to gain weight one must be happy. Maybe if you are also suffering from these problems then start to know the exercise benefits, first and then start doing it regularly and definitely, you will gain some weight.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Natalie Pate)
Sometimes, if you feel depressed, have anxiety, or weak immunity, then it’s very difficult to gain weight because to gain weight one must be happy. Maybe if you are also suffering from these problems then start to know the exercise benefits, first and then start doing it regularly and definitely, you will gain some weight.
No, you do not have to be happy to gain weight, a lot of people gain weight when they are depressed from stress eating etc. Exercise without changing your food intake will cause you to lose weight.
lmgreynolds
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Natalie Pate)
I'm not sure a nutritionist would agree with you tbh. Yes being stressed can contribute to a low weight due to lack of appetite etc but it can also mean you gain weight due to eating more. I think if you've tried eating more and can't go weight and are at quite a low weight, seeing a GP is the best thing to do.
lmgreynolds
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
No, you do not have to be happy to gain weight, a lot of people gain weight when they are depressed from stress eating etc. Exercise without changing your food intake will cause you to lose weight.
100%
yeye21
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what's your height?
jpoteliackhoff
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by yeye21)
what's your height?
5”8
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
see your GP.
jpoteliackhoff
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
see your GP.
Is it bad
lmgreynolds
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is it bad
Yes, that's really low. Please see your GP
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lmgreynolds)
I'm not sure a nutritionist would agree with you tbh. Yes being stressed can contribute to a low weight due to lack of appetite etc but it can also mean you gain weight due to eating more. I think if you've tried eating more and can't go weight and are at quite a low weight, seeing a GP is the best thing to do.
Can confirm the nutritionist does not agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (2)
7.41%
Virtual campus tours/open days (5)
18.52%
Live streaming events (1)
3.7%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (2)
7.41%
A uni comparison tool (8)
29.63%
An in-person event when available (9)
33.33%