do any girls really think looks aren't important?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
and if that is really true, why do all the guys who are the most sought after by women are the best looking ones irrespective of personality?

I wouldn't ask this question but I see it repeated everywhere online and I'm wondering if it's true or just wanting to appear deep and not superficial or shallow. This is a good place cuz of anon, we can express ourselves freely on this issue without judgement.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Looks are not everything
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Of course looks are important
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
what
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I mean if you show me two guys with the same exact personality but one is hotter than the other I'm obviously gonna choose the hotter one
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Of course looks are important
I thought so too but women in online forums deny it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoochieMan)
I mean if you show me two guys with the same exact personality but one is hotter than the other I'm obviously gonna choose the hotter one
Makes sense...
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Fair enough lol
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Everyone has different tastes but still to some degree have to find the person good looking. Personality can make someone even more good looking but if you don’t find their looks appealing or have any attraction, it’s very rare that their personality will win over looks. It is superficial but there has to be attraction.
Iamherenow1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
looks are important for everybody.
Personality and inner beauty are phrases ugly people use to make themselves feel better.

In the case of men, they don't carry out xrays to see a woman's "inner beauty"
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Iamherenow1)
looks are important for everybody.
Personality and inner beauty are phrases ugly people use to make themselves feel better.

In the case of men, they don't carry out xrays to see a woman's "inner beauty"
Well I rarely hear men saying that they look for personality, it's mostly women who say that. So I am not saying that men aren't shallow, it's just not a secret. That and men are easy so even if they're shallow they settle for whoever they can get really.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Take these TSR opinions with a grain of salt man, in real life looks are usually a massive factor - especially with the initial "getting to know each other" phase.

Rarely do you know ones personality before you see them, unless online, so saying personality is the main factor in dating is ridiculous. Plus relationships with people you're not attracted to don't seem to have good lifespans - unless for some other gain (COUGH money)
Iamherenow1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
Take these TSR opinions with a grain of salt man, in real life looks are usually a massive factor - especially with the initial "getting to know each other" phase.

Rarely do you know ones personality before you see them, unless online, so saying personality is the main factor in dating is ridiculous. Plus relationships with people you're not attracted to don't seem to have good lifespans - unless for some other gain (COUGH money)
exactly

like i said. On a first date a bloke doesnt carry around an xray machine to see the "inner beauty". You look like a bulldog chewing a wasp then you are out.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Looks are usually important to some extent in terms of sexual attraction for most people who can see.
But not the main focus in terms of compatibility when seeking a suitable partner for a long term relationship or marriage.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Anyone saying it's not important is lying to you. Don't take it seriously. You do you and follow what interests you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by V℮rsions)

If you don't date strangers, you can know their personality before you go on a date.
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
When someone's personality is attractive, it is easier to see through their not-so-attractive physical appearance. I dont think looks have a drastic impact on attraction.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
They are important to an extent.

Since you don't know a person's personality before you get to know them, it's that initial looks and attraction that usually drive you to get to know a person. Obviously they're only important to a certain extent though. If he's hot but a total tool, I definitely wouldn't want to date him.
Iamherenow1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you don't date strangers, you can know their personality before you go on a date.
They did this years ago as a social experiment with a tv series called dating in the dark.
The premise being since you are in the dark and cant see what the person looks like you build rapport based on personality
Every and i mean every single time the girl or boy at the reveal didnt find the other person attractive, they were dropped like a bad habit there and then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (94)
28.06%
No (241)
71.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed