Byrne1992
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hii, does anyone have any advice for somebody hoping to study postgraduate veterinary medicine please? I have a 2:1 in Bioveterinary Science, which meets the requirements for graduate entry (provided I get enough work experience), however I have had a 6 year study break (I graduated in 2015) so I would need to do some work to prove I’m of the right calibre. Has anyone else been through a similar process and had any success? Or can anyone recommend which preliminary/gateway/refresher course that the universities will recognise please? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance
Steph17waller04
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Byrne1992)
Hii, does anyone have any advice for somebody hoping to study postgraduate veterinary medicine please? I have a 2:1 in Bioveterinary Science, which meets the requirements for graduate entry (provided I get enough work experience), however I have had a 6 year study break (I graduated in 2015) so I would need to do some work to prove I’m of the right calibre. Has anyone else been through a similar process and had any success? Or can anyone recommend which preliminary/gateway/refresher course that the universities will recognise please? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance
Hello! I am a graduate applying for vet med for 2021 entry and so far I have offers for RVC accelerated, RVC 5 year and Nottingham 5 years. It does sounds like you would meet the requirements for most graduate entry vet med courses - and they do accept people who take long academic breaks so don't worry! I would contact the admissions teams of the universities you are thinking to apply to in order to find out what they advise you should do for your application - and see if you would benefit from a refresher type course. Good luck and well done on your 2:1!
Byrne1992
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Steph17waller04)
Hello! I am a graduate applying for vet med for 2021 entry and so far I have offers for RVC accelerated, RVC 5 year and Nottingham 5 years. It does sounds like you would meet the requirements for most graduate entry vet med courses - and they do accept people who take long academic breaks so don't worry! I would contact the admissions teams of the universities you are thinking to apply to in order to find out what they advise you should do for your application - and see if you would benefit from a refresher type course. Good luck and well done on your 2:1!
Amazing, huge congratulations on your offers! Thank you, that’s really helpful and reassuring
Steph17waller04
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Byrne1992)
Amazing, huge congratulations on your offers! Thank you, that’s really helpful and reassuring
You are most welcome! Thank you 🎉😍
username42647000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Steph17waller04)
hi! i am a first year biological sciences student and i am thinking of applying to the rvc accelerated in my third year. do you have any advice for the interview/personal statement. and how competitive is the rvc accelerated?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (133)
42.09%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.54%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.01%

Watched Threads