david221
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi! I am going to be crashing higher chemistry in S6 along with AH biology and maths. Just wondered if anyone has any tips for crashing chemistry/ preparing? I know to look over the N5 course and try have a good understanding first. Has anyone done this successfully? I need to try and get a B in the class
Fox Hound
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by david221)
Hi! I am going to be crashing higher chemistry in S6 along with AH biology and maths. Just wondered if anyone has any tips for crashing chemistry/ preparing? I know to look over the N5 course and try have a good understanding first. Has anyone done this successfully? I need to try and get a B in the class
Hey I crashed chemistry a few years ago and it isn't too hard to get a B, which is what I got. There's overlap with physics in places which definitely helps but for a lot of it you'll have to spend some time going over what was in National 5. I would buy a revision book for National 5 and try and learn as much as you can. Even then, there still will be stuff that comes up in class that you won't get so make sure to ask your teacher the more basic stuff. My teacher was quite accommodating to those of us who were crashing by explaining basic things to us from Standard Grade. Ask your friends as well who also did National 5 if you don't quite get something in class. Best of luck.
mspratt1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I currently take higher chemistry and i would say there will probably be areas you’ll struggle with mainly organic chemistry because it builds on nat5 but other than that you should be fine, i would recommend watching “miss adams chemistry” on youtube, she does videos for nar5/higher/ah so it will help you to catch up. Good luck!
david221
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by Fox Hound)
Hey I crashed chemistry a few years ago and it isn't too hard to get a B, which is what I got. There's overlap with physics in places which definitely helps but for a lot of it you'll have to spend some time going over what was in National 5. I would buy a revision book for National 5 and try and learn as much as you can. Even then, there still will be stuff that comes up in class that you won't get so make sure to ask your teacher the more basic stuff. My teacher was quite accommodating to those of us who were crashing by explaining basic things to us from Standard Grade. Ask your friends as well who also did National 5 if you don't quite get something in class. Best of luck.
Hey thanks for replying! I’ve ordered some N5 books to try and get as much revision as possible and have a friend crashing as well so we’ll be able to lean on each other for support
david221
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by mspratt1)
I currently take higher chemistry and i would say there will probably be areas you’ll struggle with mainly organic chemistry because it builds on nat5 but other than that you should be fine, i would recommend watching “miss adams chemistry” on youtube, she does videos for nar5/higher/ah so it will help you to catch up. Good luck!
How are you finding crashing? Especially at the start, I presume it was quite difficult. Thanks for recommending those videos I’ll make sure to watch them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (25)
13.51%
Virtual campus tours/open days (42)
22.7%
Live streaming events (17)
9.19%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
9.73%
A uni comparison tool (41)
22.16%
An in-person event when available (42)
22.7%