The Student Room Group

WQE - 2021 September

Hey is anyone starting college in September and going to WQE??

Scroll to see replies

I'm assuming this is WQE Leicester so if you have any questions, I can answer them. I'm in year 13!
At WQE, the art courses (textiles, graphic design, product design) are well supported. I personally do maths, biology and chemistry. I would say the biology and chemistry teachers are good, friendly and happy to answer any questions you have. The maths department isn't the best, in year 12 one of my teachers missed about 12 lessons due to being ill and all we got was a letter on the door telling us the work we had to do. It was only after parents complained, that they bought in a maths supply who taught us until the end of year 12.

What courses were you thinking of doing?
Reply 3
I’m
Reply 4
I really liked the college because of the walking distance it was to my house and the fact that it has joined with Regent, quite bummed that I probably won’t be in the Regent Campus as the subjects there are not in my options.
Is it easy to make friends, is everyone sociable?
Thank you!
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm applying to medicine and most unis want chemistry (+ biology) a level as a must-have. WQE are good for sending out lots of opportunities and information about different careers
Reply 6
Original post by myow
I'm applying to medicine and most unis want chemistry (+ biology) a level as a must-have. WQE are good for sending out lots of opportunities and information about different careers

I wanted to do psychology but i’ve been so reluctant because my school is probably the only school who did psychology as a GCSE, and i didn’t like it to much, but i’ve got all this knowledge about it and i just thought why not. But i’m very hesitant. Its a popular subject.
Original post by Anniemo004
I wanted to do psychology but i’ve been so reluctant because my school is probably the only school who did psychology as a GCSE, and i didn’t like it to much, but i’ve got all this knowledge about it and i just thought why not. But i’m very hesitant. Its a popular subject.

I'd say with any A - level, don't do it just because you're good at it, you also have to enjoy learning about the subject and doing the extra reading. I know with biology, for the essay question at the end, you get extra marks if you show some knowledge outside of the spec. Psychology is popular but I suppose having done it at GCSE, you'd be ahead of a lot of those who have only picked it for a level
Original post by Anonz123
How big is the Starbucks menu and is it the same as the national prices or is it reduced😂😂

don't get your hopes up haha. The Starbucks is always busy, I think the prices are more expensive and there's a limited menu. Sometimes they have the sweet treats like the odd cold waffle or something
Haha ty how do we pay for food in general? Cash, bank card, college card? What A Levels n enrichment do u do??

can do cash, card (+contactless) or you can top up your college card on wisepay but I've always used my card or apple pay. I signed up for analytical biology but they stopped it so did debating which was boring because it was the same year 13s shouting at each other. This year I'm doing ceramics, I did one piece which was cool but it's rubbish at home
Cool thanks for the info. Ahhh seems interesting I might take up Spanish or Basketball.

no worries !
Hello. I've applied to wqe and got a fast track offer today also. What subjects has everyone chosen- I think I know what I'm gonna do but I'm still shaky on one subject.

Hey, i’ve not heard anything just yet and i was told they would get back to everyone on the 12th but my friends and I haven’t heard anything. Did they email you or was it on another platform?
Original post by myow
I'm assuming this is WQE Leicester so if you have any questions, I can answer them. I'm in year 13!

If you are unsure about your courses after the interview can you change? Also can you change from btecs to a level?
Original post by Girlbyeee
If you are unsure about your courses after the interview can you change? Also can you change from btecs to a level?

You have a deadline to change A - levels of about 2 weeks but I can imagine it being harder to change to a complete new course (Btecs to A-level)
Does anyone know which subjects are taken in Regent's road campus?
No idea I think most subjects are on both campus'?
Original post by myow
You have a deadline to change A - levels of about 2 weeks but I can imagine it being harder to change to a complete new course (Btecs to A-level)

What questions do they ask in the interview?
Original post by Girlbyeee
What questions do they ask in the interview?

They ask simple questions like "why do you want to do these subjects" and "why do you want to come here"

My interview lasted about 10 mins and they looked through my folder of certificates
Original post by ayca
Does anyone know which subjects are taken in Regent's road campus?

From what i gathered it’s woodwork, art , drama , photography. And in the WQE is more stuff like English, Science Maths, Psychology and more.
Original post by Anniemo004
From what i gathered it’s woodwork, art , drama , photography. And in the WQE is more stuff like English, Science Maths, Psychology and more.

Most subjects are taken at Regent Road for the exception of the more arty subjects - these take place at J block on University Road Campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending