Who is in Year 12 studying A-Levels at the moment?

Watch
WutheringHxights
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi everyone!

I'm currently studying A-Levels through distance learning on top of my full-time job and it's been a great experience so far.

I'm enrolled on:
AQA Mathematics
AQA Psychology
EDEXCEL English Literature

In English Literature I am studying:
- Twelfth Night & The Importance of Being Earnest
- Frankenstein & The Handmaid's Tale
- Wuthering Heights & The Bloody Chamber
- Poems of the Decade & T.S Eliot Selected Poems

I just wanted to check in, as I'm studying as a mature student through distance learning unfortunately I have no 'classmates' to discuss with! Hoorah for TSR.

Let me know if you're on the same course for any subject above, how are you finding it so far? What do you think will happen with exams in 2022? Are your school classes covering enough content thus far? How much studying are you getting in?

Would love to discuss any course! It's strangely enjoyable as a mature student.

Thanks!
Studentlife04
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
hey, I'm at Sixth form in year 12.
I'm studying:
English language- Edexcel,
History-AQA,
Geography-OCR,
Core maths-AQA.

I think with our exams, something will have to be done to help. I don't think that they will cancel them. They could reduce content or release questions early ect I'd say that we are missing bits of content whilst at home which isn't great.
WutheringHxights
Rep:
?
(Original post by Studentlife04)
hey, I'm at Sixth form in year 12.
I'm studying:
English language- Edexcel,
History-AQA,
Geography-OCR,
Core maths-AQA.

I think with our exams, something will have to be done to help. I don't think that they will cancel them. They could reduce content or release questions early ect I'd say that we are missing bits of content whilst at home which isn't great.
Hey!

How are you finding Maths? What components are you studying in History?

I hope exams are not cancelled. I'd like to say I achieved the grades the traditional way, besides, I don't really have tutors as it's distance learning so the idea of 'predicted grades' worries me. Whatever happens, I hope everyone receives a fair grade! I'm sure they'll have to be lenient in 2022 too as those in Year 12 have experienced disruptions already.
Studentlife04
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by SigourneyWeeder)
Hey!

How are you finding Maths? What components are you studying in History?

I hope exams are not cancelled. I'd like to say I achieved the grades the traditional way, besides, I don't really have tutors as it's distance learning so the idea of 'predicted grades' worries me. Whatever happens, I hope everyone receives a fair grade! I'm sure they'll have to be lenient in 2022 too as those in Year 12 have experienced disruptions already.
I really hope they don't cancel them, I've already had my GCSES cancelled and that was bad enough. Core maths is great, it involves a lot of real world maths which is useful. for history I'm doing the War of the Roses and the USA
WutheringHxights
Rep:
?
(Original post by Studentlife04)
I really hope they don't cancel them, I've already had my GCSES cancelled and that was bad enough. Core maths is great, it involves a lot of real world maths which is useful. for history I'm doing the War of the Roses and the USA
I hope so!! Hopefully it'll all work out OK. It'd suck big time if you had to rely on predicted grades for both GCSE's and A-Levels.
WutheringHxights
Rep:
?
Bump :-)
Squiggles1238
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey! Im in year 12 studying Law (eduquas), psychology (AQA) and biology (AQA)
Not doing any of the same courses as you but i too am feeling the stress of a lack of exams once again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.2%

Watched Threads