Sixth form clothing

Watch
curiousstudent84
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Where can I shop from for sixth form outfits? (Must be affordable) . And what clothes should I buy more of ?
nm12345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
deffo recommend primark (inexpensive but also work quite long-term)
depends on your fashion style, but I'd recommend different coloured tops and trousers that you can mix and match. especially neutral-coloured tops with colourful trousers or skirts, they look really nice (speaking from experience, btw)
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by curiousstudent84)
Where can I shop from for sixth form outfits? (Must be affordable) . And what clothes should I buy more of ?
Check the school dress-code before you buy anything.
curiousstudent84
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by nm12345)
deffo recommend primark (inexpensive but also work quite long-term)
depends on your fashion style, but I'd recommend different coloured tops and trousers that you can mix and match. especially neutral-coloured tops with colourful trousers or skirts, they look really nice (speaking from experience, btw)
Okay thanks. x
dani_05
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by curiousstudent84)
I would recommend places like H&M and Uniqlo

Zara do some nice quality stuff but they're a bit more expensive.

I wouldn't recommend Primark. Their stuff is very cheap but I personally find don't last very long. I would invest in something more pricey and high quality that would last longer. Do bare in mind the last time I shopped there was quite a few years ago when I was a kid so things might have changed. Hope this helps!
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dorothy Perkins does some smart looking stuff, NewLook is also pretty budget friendly.

When I was in sixth form I tended to go for a black blazer with either black tailored trousers or black knee length bodycon skirt (short skirts weren't allowed but tight skirts weren't commented on) with nice blouses or jumpers. Play around with tucking/tying/leaving tops untucked to see what works and doesn't look frumpy. Skinny trousers and chunky jumpers are cute, a fitted skirt with long sleeve blouse tucked in at the waist is also flattering. A little bit of appropriate jewellery can jazz it up too, and cute shoes (I tended to just go for black shoes bc they go with everything but the style can be nice and include texture to keep it interesting)
SparkleFace
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Primark, H&M, Quiz has beautiful smart clothing, New Look, Zara, Dorothy Perkins is also stylish along with Next. Nab 2-3 hoodies and have a pair of normal and ripped jeans with black leggings and some beige and other coloured trousers and have like 2-3 pairs of shoes like trainers and sandals (summer) and boots. Have cool T-shirt’s and jumpers and some skirts. And you should have things like gloves and hats anyway with 2-3 coats and jackets.
Although, not everything is a necessity and I didn’t go shopping for everything since I already had my previous clothes so for sixth form I just bought another coat, set of shoes and some T-shirt’s.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.23%
No (364)
47.77%

Watched Threads