Illian123
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So the question is about sedimentary rock yeah.

Ammonites are sea creatures with a hard shell.They descended from organisms that date back over 400 millions years.They were first evolved 240 million years ago and became extinct 65 million years ago.

Question: What is the youngest age that the sedimentary rock can be? Explain your answer.

I’m guessing it’s 65million years but i dont know how to explain.....
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
65 million is correct.

Youngest = most recent

It's kind of strange because geologists tend to figure out the age of the sedimentary rock before they date the fossils. It's weird that it's the other way round in this question.
og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Illian123)
So the question is about sedimentary rock yeah.

Ammonites are sea creatures with a hard shell.They descended from organisms that date back over 400 millions years.They were first evolved 240 million years ago and became extinct 65 million years ago.

Question: What is the youngest age that the sedimentary rock can be? Explain your answer.

I’m guessing it’s 65million years but i dont know how to explain.....
In any pile of sedimentary strata that has not been disturbed by folding or overturning since accumula- tion, the youngest stratum is at the top and the oldest is at the base

Your answer provided above is indeed correct.
Illian123
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by og-icon)
In any pile of sedimentary strata that has not been disturbed by folding or overturning since accumula- tion, the youngest stratum is at the top and the oldest is at the base

Your answer provided above is indeed correct.
(Original post by MindMax2000)
65 million is correct.

Youngest = most recent

It's kind of strange because geologists tend to figure out the age of the sedimentary rock before they date the fossils. It's weird that it's the other way round in this question.
Thank you so much guys,much love .
og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Illian123)
Thank you so much guys,much love .
No problem, I am glad you found it useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads