The Student Room Group

Graduation ceremonies 2021

Hey quick (weird) question about graduation in here in the UK. Why do some people have
graduation ceremonies in the summer and others around March? I thought everyone completes their degree after May exam season and therefor graduation happens that summer in june/july. So whats with the people who have theirs in march?
I've not seen March ones but I know some people graduate in November/December if there were certain circumstances that stopped them from doing exams earlier or if they had to resit something
Could also be for Masters and Phd students
Reply 3
My undergraduate graduation was in July and my Masters one was in December (same university) - mot of the people at the December one were either PhD and Masters students (Masters courses tend to run September to September), people who had had extensions on their final assignments, or people who had opted to graduate in the winter ceremony even if they would have technically been allowed to graduate in July (a friend deferred her graduation because she had a holiday booked, for example).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending