asdfcasdfxasdf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
BSc Accounting & Finance | University of Bristol

BAEcon Accounting & Finance | University of Manchester

BA Accounting & Finance with Placement Year | Durham University

Please rank these in terms of which uni would give me the highest odds of being hired by a big 4 firm in auditing. Thanks a lot!

P.S. for Bristol there is an option to "extend the degree" to 4 years with placement year depending on the "first-year examination results and a successful placement year offer of employment from a qualifying employer for the Professional Placement course".
Last edited by asdfcasdfxasdf; 1 week ago
anonuser99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Durham (because placement), Bristol, Manchester.
asdfcasdfxasdf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by anonuser99)
Durham (because placement), Bristol, Manchester.
Hi, according to the new update on my post (quoted below), would you still suggest the same for me? Thanks a lot!

(Original post by asdfcasdfxasdf)
P.S. for Bristol there is an option to "extend the degree" to 4 years with placement year depending on the "first-year examination results and a successful placement year offer of employment from a qualifying employer for the Professional Placement course".
VigoWilliam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You better choose between Bristol and Durham.
Because of the placement year and prospects, these two are not in the same league with Manchester.
Among the other two:
Bristol Pros: Easier to get in-person internship in Bristol; Durham's Business School is relatively a weaker one in Durham.
Durham Pros: Dominant in North East. In Bristol you will face fierce competition from Bath (Again, for internship); Overall rep might be slightly better.
It ultimately depends on your preference of courses and location. The two cities are too different, and courses as well.
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you want to work in London, none of what the person above said matters (with respect to local competition for jobs).

But they are right that it's pretty much a toss-up between Durham and Bristol. Personally, I'd pick Bristol but that's just because I prefer the type of people it tends to attract over Durham + night life. You should pick based on which one you like more.
VigoWilliam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anonuser99)
If you want to work in London, none of what the person above said matters (with respect to local competition for jobs).

But they are right that it's pretty much a toss-up between Durham and Bristol. Personally, I'd pick Bristol but that's just because I prefer the type of people it tends to attract over Durham + night life. You should pick based on which one you like more.
I mean in-person internships. You may need additional intern, but it's unlikely to do so in London when you are still students (except for summer interns). So it's common to find some interns in local areas during term time. Bristol is more convenient though you will find Bath students nearby, while Durham not so much. This is quite important as one of the major advantages of London universities are their convenience to access to intern.
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by VigoWilliam)
I mean in-person internships. You may need additional intern, but it's unlikely to do so in London when you are still students (except for summer interns). So it's common to find some interns in local areas during term time. Bristol is more convenient though you will find Bath students nearby, while Durham not so much. This is quite important as one of the major advantages of London universities are their convenience to access to intern.
Fair enough but I don't think these term-time internships are as big a deal as the summer ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (597)
49.18%
No (617)
50.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed