A question for BAME forum members

Watch
Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hmmm not sure, my parents (who are Congolese from DR Congo) are just sceptical and said that they would wait and see and leave it up to God

So I guess there's a religious aspect to it too just like the poster who talked about Nigeria and the evangelism there that lead to increased hysteria and conspiracy theories
Last edited by Starlight15; 2 weeks ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MatureStudent37)
I can’t understand where this reluctance is coming from.

Is he aware that he’s in a higher risk group?
Yes, he's definitely aware.
MatureStudent37
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Yes, he's definitely aware.
Try guilting hm. If you love me you would.

But don’t push it to much.

Sometimes a degree of bravado and reluctance can be used to mask a degree of fear.

It may be something as simple as he’s scared of injections but doesn’t want anybody to know he’s scared.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’re trolling aren’t you?

poor little middle class Caucasian girl for nothing better to do with her time?

when you say track record of whites using blacks for medical experiments. Are you talking about these ones?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi...xperimentation

Good job those mustard has trials in India didn’t cause any long term damage to those poor Indian soldiers.

I mean it’s a well known fact that they’ve only tested stuff like that on ethnic minorities.Unlike this white guy that died.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Maddison

or these experiments involving LSD.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ziqpwkhqTRs

How about a bit of yellow on yellow racism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

or how about this rather large predominantly white experiment.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/23/brita...rans-13409365/

please do raise your standard of trolling and stop trying to derail the thread my dear.
PRSOM on this. Alas, that comment is one of the more 'reasonable' to come from their keyboard :lol:
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
PRSOM on this. Alas, that comment is one of the more 'reasonable' to come from their keyboard :lol:
I get upset with important threads getting derailed.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I get upset with important threads getting derailed.
Not an unreasonable position, this thread should have some interesting points of view in it. Alas there are certain users who will always seek to hijack it to promote their own propaganda. although, that in itself is not so much an issue if they could actually back it up with solid evidence as opposed to their own limited opinion gleened from reading some irrelevant little blog by an angry nobody in their mums basement.

That being said, given the whole notion of 'bame' the thread should really have been closed in the first place given that it epitomises us vs them (white vs. ethnics). The idea that there is any similarity between 'bame' is farsical in ones view. Handy for lazy civil servants wanting to silo statistics. Very bad when it comes to social policies leading to nothing but division in ones view. Ah how the initial hope for the internet has turned into a toxic swamp of hatred :rolleyes:
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So hopefully a step in the right direction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56101990

"A star-filled video urging people from ethnic minority communities to get the Covid vaccine will be shown across the UK's main commercial TV channels later.
Sanjeev Bhaskar, Meera Syal and Romesh Ranganathan are among the celebrities who feature in the video, which has previously been released online.
More stars have been added to the version that will be screened on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 at 21:56 GMT."
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)

"A star-filled video urging people from ethnic minority communities to get the Covid vaccine will be shown across the UK's main commercial TV channels later.
Sanjeev Bhaskar, Meera Syal and Romesh Ranganathan are among the celebrities who feature in the video, which has previously been released online.
More stars have been added to the version that will be screened on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 at 21:56 GMT."
About time.

Remember though, everybody can do their bit. If there’s people you know who have concerns. Talk to them about it.
Megacent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

They've been doing a lot of that, put celebrities on the tv telling us to get the vaccine, on the assumption we'll listen to them more than the government. I guess there is something in that and a lot of people will, but it's not for me. I like Michael Caine but I would never take medical advice from him as it's not his area. I will not be taking the vaccine, ever, and would even happily go to prison standing up for that belief if it became mandatory. Freedom of choice and bodily autonomy are very important concepts to me.
Last edited by Megacent; 1 week ago
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Megacent)
They've been doing a lot of that, put celebrities on the tv telling us to get the vaccine, on the assumption we'll listen to them more than the government. I guess there is something in that and a lot of people will, but it's not for me. I like Michael Caine but I would never take medical advice from him as it's not his area. I will not be taking the vaccine, ever, and would even happily go to prison standing up for that belief if it became mandatory. Freedom of choice and bodily autonomy are very important concepts to me.
Thank you for being so selfish.

Would you mind awfully wearing some sort of arm band so we can give you a wide berth.

I’ve no problem with giving people choices, but when poor choices impact on others that becomes another issue.

Promise me you’ll keep away from vulnerable people though? I’d hate for you to walk with the mark of Caine because your principals killed your granny.

Fortunately you hold a minority opinion. One that you probably will only advertise on the internet due to the anonymity it gives you.
Megacent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve no problem with giving people choices, but when poor choices impact on others that becomes another issue.
This doesn't impact on others. The vaccine protects you so if you take it, you're still protected whether or not I take it.

I share my opinions on the vaccine, masks etc both online and offline. I do get abuse sometimes which isn't nice, but unfortunately is just part and parcel you have to deal with sometimes and eventually it doesn't bother you so much. Most of the time however, in my experience, people are willing to have a respectful discussion.
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This doesn't impact on others. The vaccine protects you so if you take it, you're still protected whether or not I take it.

I share my opinions on the vaccine, masks etc both online and offline. I do get abuse sometimes which isn't nice, but unfortunately is just part and parcel you have to deal with sometimes and eventually it doesn't bother you so much. Most of the time however, in my experience, people are willing to have a respectful discussion.
Sadly, when you have the ability to spread a virus by choosing not to be vaccinated, then it does impact me.

It also financially impacts me as somebody has to pay for the stupid ultimately. The NHS believe it or not requires taxpayers money to pay for it.
Megacent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sadly, when you have the ability to spread a virus by choosing not to be vaccinated, then it does impact me.
You take the vaccine, then it won't impact you.
AlphaZeta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

It also financially impacts me as somebody has to pay for the stupid ultimately. The NHS believe it or not requires taxpayers money to pay for it.
There seems to be a misconception what a vaccine is and how it works, it does not behave like an antivirus programme like your computer!

The vaccine is just a virus which primes the immune system to produce neutralising antibodies. This process is exactly same for those unvaccinated group who have recovered, where the native virus primes the immune system to produce neutralising antibodies.

https://assets.publishing.service.go..._12Feb2021.pdf

After the initial exposure, patients typically develop symptoms within 5-6 days (incubation period) although about 20% of patients remain asymptomatic throughout infection (Cevik M et al, 2020). Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests can detect viral SARS-CoV-2 RNA in the upper respiratory tract for a mean of 17 days, although transmission is maximal in the first week of illness. Symptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission (1-2 days before symptom onset), is thought to play a greater role in the spread of SARS-CoV-2 than asymptomatic transmission.

Viral shedding will occur the greatest a day or two days before you are ill (symptoms) and last for five days
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You take the vaccine, then it won't impact you.
I won’t be able to get the vaccine for some time.

If you feel the need to be different because you’re lacking something, that’s great.
Megacent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I won’t be able to get the vaccine for some time.

If you feel the need to be different because you’re lacking something, that’s great.
That's nice :rolleyes:
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ovid-vaccines/

On the BBC it reported that 25% of NHS staff in London are refusing the vaccine and a report in the Telegraph puts it as high as 75% in some groups
"It emerged last month that while 80 per cent of staff overall at Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals in London had been vaccinated, the rate was around a quarter among black workers and lower still for Filipino staff."

Why?
Last edited by caravaggio2; 1 day ago
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ovid-vaccines/

On the BBC it reported that 25% of NHS staff in London are refusing the vaccine and a report in the Telegraph puts it as high as 75% in some groups
It emerged last month that while 80 per cent of staff overall at Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals in London had been vaccinated, the rate was around a quarter among black workers and lower still for Filipino staff.

Why?
Genuine question here.

The impact of Covid on ethnic minority groupings is well known. There’s been claims of institutional racism about it, because as we know, institutional racism is the main cause of biological differences between how human bodies work.

The number one cause for sickle cell anaemia in the black community is that secretly a white only vaccine for sickle cell anaemia is given at birth to all white babies.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

Are we now getting to the stage where these communities have to take responsibility for their own actions?
Megacent
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Genuine question here.

The impact of Covid on ethnic minority groupings is well known. There’s been claims of institutional racism about it, because as we know, institutional racism is the main cause of biological differences between how human bodies work.

The number one cause for sickle cell anaemia in the black community is that secretly a white only vaccine for sickle cell anaemia is given at birth to all white babies.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

Are we now getting to the stage where these communities have to take responsibility for their own actions?
I'm not BAME but am fairly against these vaccines. Been asking others who aren't taking it their reasons and the main one is lack of trust. If Whittless and Unbalanced apologize for lying that we could have 4000 deaths a day in a worst case scenario then maybe I'll reconsider. Until then, I simply don't feel I can trust a word they say.

To add to that, I have seen nothing to suggest the vaccines are unsafe. They are probably fine, I just don't want to take the risk until I can be absolutely sure it's ok. Even then, they should never be mandatory.
Last edited by Megacent; 1 day ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Try guilting hm. If you love me you would.

But don’t push it to much.

Sometimes a degree of bravado and reluctance can be used to mask a degree of fear.

It may be something as simple as he’s scared of injections but doesn’t want anybody to know he’s scared.

Update:

I visited him and my mum yesterday ...and for some strange reason they seem to have done a complete 180 ..and have told me they have taken the vaccine. My dad even seemed somewhat enthusiastic about it.

No idea what changed their mind, my dad seemed dead against it the last time we spoke..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (57)
13.94%
Virtual campus tours/open days (95)
23.23%
Live streaming events (38)
9.29%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (39)
9.54%
A uni comparison tool (92)
22.49%
An in-person event when available (88)
21.52%