The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

which to choose?

Goldsmiths, SOAS, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway or Salford for Law?
Just commenting so I can read peoples advise too 🤣🤣
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by georgewinston41

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I'm currently a second-year law student at SOAS. While I cannot necessarily advise you as to which university to pick, I'm happy to offer some insight regarding law at SOAS.

I also applied to Goldsmiths and was heavily weighing-up SOAS vs Goldsmith. Eventually, I choose SOAS for two particular reasons.
Firstly, I found the modules at SOAS to be more fitting to my interests. I liked how the curriculum combined the necessary elements of an LLB with the study of areas not commonly address. And in all honestly, I very much look forward to my third year, where I have even more open-modules to choose from. Therefore, my little piece of advice is to look at the modules the universities offer and see what suits you best.

Secondly, I choose SOAS because of the general community vibe. I remember visiting during an open-day and being completely stunned by how the campus somehow had the feeling of a small community, while in the middle of one of Europes largest cities.

I hope this in some way helps, and I'll make sure to check the thread, so if you have any further questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
Original post by georgewinston41

Definitely Queen Mary, its a Russel group and is known for Law
QMUL deffo - it has prestige
Thanks so much for your replies. Definitely helping.
Out of curiosity, what sort of rep does Salford have generally and for law in particular?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending