Drop out now if you can 😂
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by RamseyGOAT)
Anyone got any tips on A-Level Maths OCR
- Try to stay on top of content from day one. If you did fine in GCSE, the early stuff won't seem too hard and it'll be easy to just 'relax', but it's really important you totally master that early stuff and get really quick at doing it, because it's the foundation for the rest of the course.

- Don't skimp on practising large data set questions when you get onto stats. Make sure to actually familiarise yourself with what all the terminology in the large data set means, so that nothing surprises you when you sit the exam.

- A graphical calculator is pretty useful, especially if sketching graphs of functions quickly isn't a strength of yours

- If you come across something you're struggling with and your teacher says its GCSE content, go back to your revision sources for GCSE and practice it! Some stuff from GCSE comes up and there just isn't time to really go through it again in class (e.g. you need to understand histograms for stats, but it's not a large enough part of the syllabus for most teachers to bother going over them in much detail at all).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.49%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.8%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.07%
I need help with my personal statement (55)
39.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.36%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.17%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.25%

Watched Threads