OJ13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
First question,1)Has anyone applied this way instead of UCAS 2) Am I too late? I have clicked on the places I am interested in; however, I was wondering if they stay on the page even if those places are now taken.3) I am applying for places where I either need to take an equivalent test or they will accept a functional skills in place of a Math GCSE (This has yet to be obtained, my exam will take place in Summer 2021)If anyone can answer my questions please let me knowThank you
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Contact them and find out.
OJ13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Contact them and find out.
If only there was a place on the internet where fellow students (Who had experience) could offer advice...
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by OJ13)
First question,1)Has anyone applied this way instead of UCAS 2) Am I too late? I have clicked on the places I am interested in; however, I was wondering if they stay on the page even if those places are now taken.3) I am applying for places where I either need to take an equivalent test or they will accept a functional skills in place of a Math GCSE (This has yet to be obtained, my exam will take place in Summer 2021)If anyone can answer my questions please let me knowThank you
1) I've not personally

2) It shouldn't be too late, however it is possible that some courses wouldn't be taken off despite having already filled up. Plenty of people are still applying at this time of year though, so don't worry. I know that on UCAS, you can continue applying to teacher training courses one at a time if you fail to get into any of your first three, not sure if this can also be done via gov.uk

3) You need to contact the training providers - different providers accept different things. I know some providers only accept equivalency tests from specific sources, and I have seen some providers say that they do not accept Functional Skills in place of a maths GCSE. Many will have this information on their website on the course page, but if not, just ring up and ask.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by OJ13)
I haven't used this application system, and I probably would have gone via UCAS. I agree with the advice to contact providers directly.

You're not too late. Lots of people get ITT places by this time of year.

I'm not quite sure what your third question is, but my understanding is that Maths GCSE is a requirement for QTS and equivalents are not accepted (in England at least). I would confirm with providers that you can get QTS without Maths GCSE. It's not too late to enter for the GCSE this summer!
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi @OJ13,

If all of your providers are using the Apply system, then there is no reason not to use it and no, it is not too late, if the providers you are applying to still have vacancies.

Regarding equivalencies, please do contact all of the providers you are going to apply to to find out which equivalencies they accept.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you register with Get Into Teaching and get a free adviser who will discuss these things with you and help you with your application and personal statement.

You can register online at https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/ or by calling 0800 389 2500 between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Best of luck,

Sue
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (330)
31.82%
No (707)
68.18%

Watched Threads