The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Physiotherapy interview for Coventry university

I have an interview for Physiotherapy at Coventry University on the 22nd February, any tips would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by chloe.gibbs1
I have an interview for Physiotherapy at Coventry University on the 22nd February, any tips would be much appreciated :smile:

Hey @chloe.gibbs1,

Congrats on getting your interview!

In terms of tips to prepare for your interview, I have attached a few links which I think will be useful to you as a way to think ahead before your interview:

Overall, I'd say one of the most important things to remember is to be yourself, because you're going to be working with people so the lecturers want to see you for you, and it's good to be able to show a part of your true personality through the interview. Remind yourself why you want to become a Physiotherapist, what are the skills required that you may or may not have and want to develop? What's your understanding of what a Physiotherapist does? Through reading the HCPC guidelines, do you understand the importance of what Physiotherapists need to follow for best practice? What are your communication skills like both non/verbally and written and ask yourself whether you have the required core values to become a health care professional?

I hope these tips help! Best of luck with your interview, I hope everything goes well for you :smile:

If you have any more questions, let us know!

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Hi, I had my interview for Coventry University in January and i received a conditional offer, the interviewers were really nice. they initially said to me that i was going to have a group interview then an individual interview but on the day they changed the format and we just had a group discussion. so there were 8 of us in total so we were asked to introduce ourselves first and say our names where we're from and what we're studying. Then they split us into breakout rooms and there were four of us in a group along with an interviewer and a another person who's in charge of something in the uni I can't remember what though, we were also given a document to fill out as a group which contained the questions that we were going to be asked, i offered to type out what the group was saying, so they asked us questions on the sheet and we had to talk it out as a group first each taking in turn to speak then I typed out what everyone said and spoke as well. We also had to watch a video on a TED talk about leadership (it may be different but this is what I had) then we had questions about what leadership meant and what it means to you and leadership in physiotherapy.
other questions we had in the interview were, what is physiotherapy, what's the difference between an Occupational therapist and a physiotherapist. Don't be too scared for this interview, i did really bad for this one and was the worst one i did but i managed to get an offer. just remember to smile loads and give people turns to speak and also try to add on to points saying like; oh adding on to the first point... blah blah blah
i hope this helps x
Original post by angel1316
Hi, I had my interview for Coventry University in January and i received a conditional offer, the interviewers were really nice. they initially said to me that i was going to have a group interview then an individual interview but on the day they changed the format and we just had a group discussion. so there were 8 of us in total so we were asked to introduce ourselves first and say our names where we're from and what we're studying. Then they split us into breakout rooms and there were four of us in a group along with an interviewer and a another person who's in charge of something in the uni I can't remember what though, we were also given a document to fill out as a group which contained the questions that we were going to be asked, i offered to type out what the group was saying, so they asked us questions on the sheet and we had to talk it out as a group first each taking in turn to speak then I typed out what everyone said and spoke as well. We also had to watch a video on a TED talk about leadership (it may be different but this is what I had) then we had questions about what leadership meant and what it means to you and leadership in physiotherapy.
other questions we had in the interview were, what is physiotherapy, what's the difference between an Occupational therapist and a physiotherapist. Don't be too scared for this interview, i did really bad for this one and was the worst one i did but i managed to get an offer. just remember to smile loads and give people turns to speak and also try to add on to points saying like; oh adding on to the first point... blah blah blah
i hope this helps x

Thank you so much. I have my interview on Wednesday!!! x
Original post by maddiebeam73
Thank you so much. I have my interview on Wednesday!!! x

Best of luck with your interview @maddiebeam73!

If you have any questions about the university, student life or the healthcare faculty then feel free to ask! There are plenty of Student Ambassadors present to help you. Alternatively, for a more student perspective, you can access Unibuddy and speak to current students on the course.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest