The Student Room Group

Single sex uni halls?

Hi there, im planning on going uni of birmingham next year and staying in halls. For religious reasons my parents are insisting on me choosing single sex accom. Does anyone know what its like? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, im planning on going uni of birmingham next year and staying in halls. For religious reasons my parents are insisting on me choosing single sex accom. Does anyone know what its like? Thanks

Singl sex halls can become either very macho for all-male halls - drinking and ruger-buggers. Or very hormonal in all-female halls - very catty and *****y. That being said, I dated a girl in a single sex hall and stayed overnight many times - you will find lots of boys roaming the corridors in the morning so be prepared for that.
Original post by mike23mike
Singl sex halls can become either very macho for all-male halls - drinking and ruger-buggers. Or very hormonal in all-female halls - very catty and *****y. That being said, I dated a girl in a single sex hall and stayed overnight many times - you will find lots of boys roaming the corridors in the morning so be prepared for that.

but obviously not during the pandemic
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya!

My best friend in first year lived in an all girls halls and she loved it. Then in second year I lived with all girls as well. I think it can be a great choice and allows you to make lots of friends at once!

A lot of students will decide to make accommodation preferences like living with all boys/girls, living on the lower floor of accommodation because they're scared of heights, living with those who are quieter/noisier, so you'll be living with others who made the same choice as you in deciding to live with all girls!

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest