hqnnzh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey Guys,

I'm about to begin writing my first proper draft for my History NEA. My topic is the French Revolution and my question is as follows:

'In the context of the years 1685-1789, how far was the weakness of the individual monarchs the main cause of the French revolution.'

Obviously this covers all three kings; Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI. I'm just wondering if anyone has any interesting points which I could discuss that relate at all to the causes of the French Revolution, I've pretty much wittled down to the fact that the individual monarchs were the main cause of the revolution due to their handling and lack of innovation of things like the tax system, social antagonisms and inner-state conflicts with the parlements and different estates, as well as foreign involvement like the American Revolution.

Any ideas are welcome. I'd also like if anyone could give me a brief idea on how to structure it, I'm not intending to perfect it first time but I'd like to at least establish a solid structure to use for all my drafts. Thanks.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The French Resolution was the forerunner to modern day France as we know it today. Use that as a starter for your history essay. Remember to quote all reference sources properly right at the bottom of your coursework essay and if typing up use black only. Describe in detail the sort of events that changed France forever and why they matter. Supply information like when it started in one paragraph. Use your class notes as a source of information and fodder in order to make your entire history coursework essay ebb and flow smoothly as well. Provide a list of books in order to strengthen up your essay and lend more weight to it. Never copy facts down simply but try to put whatever you find online in your own words as far as possible here.
Miskiii
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hqnnzh)
Hey Guys,

I'm about to begin writing my first proper draft for my History NEA. My topic is the French Revolution and my question is as follows:

'In the context of the years 1685-1789, how far was the weakness of the individual monarchs the main cause of the French revolution.'

Obviously this covers all three kings; Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI. I'm just wondering if anyone has any interesting points which I could discuss that relate at all to the causes of the French Revolution, I've pretty much wittled down to the fact that the individual monarchs were the main cause of the revolution due to their handling and lack of innovation of things like the tax system, social antagonisms and inner-state conflicts with the parlements and different estates, as well as foreign involvement like the American Revolution.

Any ideas are welcome. I'd also like if anyone could give me a brief idea on how to structure it, I'm not intending to perfect it first time but I'd like to at least establish a solid structure to use for all my drafts.
Whats your against argument because my question is also on the French Revolution, but I’m arguing that the enlightenment was the main cause.
lolamigo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Any doing their topic about churchill and his political isolation?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%