I don’t know what I want to do after my GCSE

Watch
Jessk04
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I’m in year 11 going into sixth form this year, and I have already chosen my a levels, accept I don’t feel like I’ve made the right decision. Before this I was considering doing acting or dancing in college because that is what I love to do, but the only reason why I didn’t pick it was because I’m uncertain if I’ll get a job in that career, because that industry is really competitive to get into. So I’m a bit lost, and very indecisive. Can anyone give me any advice.
Thank you
TreeFellOnMe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get into finance, easy money
Fox Hound
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jessk04)
Hi, I’m in year 11 going into sixth form this year, and I have already chosen my a levels, accept I don’t feel like I’ve made the right decision. Before this I was considering doing acting or dancing in college because that is what I love to do, but the only reason why I didn’t pick it was because I’m uncertain if I’ll get a job in that career, because that industry is really competitive to get into. So I’m a bit lost, and very indecisive. Can anyone give me any advice.
Thank you
I think the safest option would be to complete your a-levels and then try and pursue your dance career if you're really passionate about it. After all you did say it's really competitive so having that safety net would mean you could go to uni later on if you wanted or get entry level jobs in a lot of places.
Redcoat893
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go through your A-Levels, you might find there's something you enjoy a lot about on one of your A-Levels that might be worth doing at Uni if you decide not to do dancing. You shouldn't really worry too much until next year at the least, and if you're still not sure you can always take a year out!
beth0818
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trust me, do what you are passionate about. Passion goes a longer way than taking a subject because you think it'll get you somewhere. I learnt that the hard way from my GCSEs but some I left school I did what I loved and was so much happier. If you care about it enough to not give up you will get a job - it can just take time but as long as you have the heart to get yourself there then you will Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (27)
14.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (43)
22.51%
Live streaming events (17)
8.9%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (19)
9.95%
A uni comparison tool (43)
22.51%
An in-person event when available (42)
21.99%