T.middleton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I have my Sheffield Hallam interview next week n it’s my first choice so I’m really hoping to get in, what are the best Sheffield Hallam accommodations ?
Leana Goulden
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by T.middleton)
Hi, I have my Sheffield Hallam interview next week n it’s my first choice so I’m really hoping to get in, what are the best Sheffield Hallam accommodations ?
I would recommend looking at The Forge, it's a huge accommodation with a large social-aspect to it. If that's not something that overly interests you, maybe look at The Elements!
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi T.middleton,

Congratulations on securing an interview! You can apply for an accommodation through our website, there's plenty of options for you to look at. Also hallamstudents will be able to answer any questions you have and share their experience with choosing the right accommodation.

Good luck with the interview!

Arzu - Official Sheffield Hallam Ambassador
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi T.middleton,

I hope your interview went well! I can definitely help you decide on your accommodation options! I'd recommend starting here, this page has links to the various types of different accommodation you can live in. Have look at the Halls of Residence page, as that is where most first year students live. I lived at Central Quay during my first and second year. It was great for student life but also quiet when you needed it to be. It has laundry on site, a gym, common room, en suites and there's a little Tesco just outside the building. There's a mix of shared flats and studio apartments. The reception staff were always really friendly and helpful too. It was about 15minutes away from City Campus, so if you're looking for something closer then have a look at Exchange Works or Westhill Hall.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Lucy
Student Roost Sheffield
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Name:  Full Room Landscape.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  86.3 KB

Hello!

If you're interested in a studio we have some great options at Laycock Studios! We're the perfect choice if you want your own kitchen and bathroom, but still want to meet your neighbours and enjoy the social side of uni. We have a gorgeous common room, flexible study spaces and private resident-only gym on site.
We're located just a 5 minute walk to Sheffield Hallam city campus and a 2 minute walk to the train station.
We have friendly and helpful staff on site 24/7 and secure fob access. We also offer a round-the-clock postal service so you'll never miss another parcel.
We also have an on-site caretaker who is on-hand to help with any maintenance issues in a speedy manner.
We're currently offering £150 off your first rent installment for new customers and if you already live with Student Roost you can receive £200 off!
You can find out more on our website here: Laycock Studios
We hope to welcome you to the property in September or before!

You can view our Bronze Studio show flat here:

Name:  Full Room Landscape.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  93.9 KB Name:  5. Gym.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  134.6 KB Name:  New Study Room.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  129.6 KB
Last edited by Student Roost Sheffield; 3 months ago
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey T.middleton,

I hope your interview went well and that you're excited to come to Hallam. What course have you applied for?

I've lived in a fair few student halls throughout my time at Hallam my favourite was The Anvil in second year where I joined a 5 person flat. It was a great location with it only being 10 minutes from the city campus and 5 minutes from PureGym and it was very affordable for accommodation with an en-suite. It's ran by Unite Students who have excellent support services so you have help there if you need it. There are halls of 3/5 students or studios if you prefer living on your own.

I recommend checking out the 360 degree tours on the accommodation pages and using the filters to find what suits you best. You can also see the accommodation on a map to see how near the campus you are so it's best finding out whether your course is based at City or Collegiate campus. Another idea is to search the name of the halls in Instagram so you see tagged photos from previous/current students to get more of insight of student life there.

At the upcoming virtual course open days there is an opportunity to chat to accommodation advisers or you can also see frequently asked questions.

Good luck,
Harry - Sheffield Hallam student rep
Last edited by hallamstudents; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (66)
36.87%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
10.06%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.7%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (44)
24.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
13.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.38%

Watched Threads