The Student Room Group

Who plays music around here?

Just wandering how many of you play instruments on this site :smile: respond with what you play and your favourite styles to play? Excited to hear it. Thanks!
Hi, I'm a grade 8 pianist. Love to play Jazz music or really big theatrical numbers. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by abbiewebsterrrr
Hi, I'm a grade 8 pianist. Love to play Jazz music or really big theatrical numbers. :smile:

That's awesome!! I love jazz piano, and just jazz in general. What are your favourite pieces to play? :smile:
I'm a grade 8 classical pianist, sung in the national youth choir as a child and did both piano and singing for my high school exams. I'm also a beginner at guitar, started learning in May last year. I started writing my own piano songs at 13 but have only written 5 of them so far. I've written lyrics to 300 songs but have only managed to put 12 of them to music. With the help of my guitar teacher, I'm sure we'll make more completed songs.
I play drums and bass guitar. :smile:
I got pretty good at the keyboard (I say that because I probably wouldn't be able to play the piano very well since I think it's weighted keys), my granddad taught me so I don't know about that grade stuff. I also dabbled with the bass and ukulele in lockdown, and I can play a pretty neat triangle
Hi! I do music A level and I play flute and piano :smile:
Used to play guitar, haven't picked one up in years tho
I'm a drummer! I also play the cajon a bit!

My favourite style is rock/punk/metal music on my drum kit and I only really play pop music in spanish (think Shakira, Alvaro Solver etc.)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Vex3330
Just wandering how many of you play instruments on this site :smile: respond with what you play and your favourite styles to play? Excited to hear it. Thanks!

Did violin as a kid, wasn't my thing, I even forgot I had a grade 2 exam. Like how can you even forget that lmfao??

I dropped it at grade three and just self-learn the keyboard. I am not as musical as my siblings at all
Original post by Vex3330

grade 7 guitar
fingerstyle is the best way to play it
I play (electric) guitar and my favourite style is metal/rock :smile: I have a Grade 8, too
Reply 12
Guitar and bass

Not graded but I've been playing in bands for 18 years or so

Quick Reply

Latest