IWINTWIN
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I just don’t know what to do.
I applied to do project management for construction and construction engineering management.

The unis I applied too are
-UCL (Construction Project Management)
-Loughborough (Construction Engineering Management)
-Reading (Construction Management)
-Northumbria (Construction Management)
-LSBU (Construction Management)

Here is the problem.
UCL has just sent me an email after a month of waiting and have said that they have regret to inform me that they have widthrawn the course due to having to make changes and have done so indefinitely.

They have offered alternative courses within the school such as urban planning and management and urban planning for real estate.

What would you do, shall I just pick Loughborough at this point or choose those alternative courses at UCL?
buggly21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Which uni would you rather go to? If UCL is where you'd like to study, maybe apply for an alternative course - which are all much the same. Maybe have a read of the courses they've suggested and then make a choice. If you really only want to do the course you've specifically applied for and aren't super concerned where that is, then stick with what you've got and go with Loughbrough
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by IWINTWIN)
I just don’t know what to do.
I applied to do project management for construction and construction engineering management.

The unis I applied too are
-UCL (Construction Project Management)
-Loughborough (Construction Engineering Management)
-Reading (Construction Management)
-Northumbria (Construction Management)
-LSBU (Construction Management)

Here is the problem.
UCL has just sent me an email after a month of waiting and have said that they have regret to inform me that they have widthrawn the course due to having to make changes and have done so indefinitely.

They have offered alternative courses within the school such as urban planning and management and urban planning for real estate.

What would you do, shall I just pick Loughborough at this point or choose those alternative courses at UCL?
If they've withdrawn the course then UCL should be able to help you swap that choice to a new university with UCAS.
Don't swap to a different UCL course if it isn't what you want to study - there's also no guarantee that you'll get an offer for the new course.

There's no rush to pick a firm choice - the deadline is in June and you shouldn't be making a firm choice on Track until April at the earliest.
IWINTWIN
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by buggly21)
Which uni would you rather go to? If UCL is where you'd like to study, maybe apply for an alternative course - which are all much the same. Maybe have a read of the courses they've suggested and then make a choice. If you really only want to do the course you've specifically applied for and aren't super concerned where that is, then stick with what you've got and go with Loughbrough
It’s incredibly limited.
For my qualifications it’s;
Urban Planning and Real Estate
Urban Planning, Design and Management.

This is to do with planning, strategic lay out of designs, ect. It’s nothing at all like Construction Project/Engineering Management.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by IWINTWIN)
It’s incredibly limited.
For my qualifications it’s;
Urban Planning and Real Estate
Urban Planning, Design and Management.

This is to do with planning, strategic lay out of designs, ect. It’s nothing at all like Construction Project/Engineering Management.
If it's not what you want to do, then don't go to UCL.

If you'd like to add a new 5th choice, you should be allowed to if the uni have withdrawn the course. I'd contact UCAS and ask them how you go about doing this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads