The Student Room Group

Step up to social work cohort 7 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by olivia.crozier2
You too!!😊

Good luck Olivia!! I’m waiting to hear back from West Midlands also. Can’t wait to hear if everyone got on or not!! 🙈
A couple questions if anyone can help?

How do I confirm my attendance for the written assessment? It doesn’t say on the email who I should contact but it’s on Thursday and now I’m worried I won’t be able to do it!

Also, my passport expired in May (I thought it was next year) of this year so will I still be able to use that as evidence for my Group 1?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by amandajane52
Assessment centre was on 9th June and I found out yesterday. So just under 3 weeks.

Good luck.

Oh brilliant.
And congrats again!
Original post by kyorke01

How do I confirm my attendance for the written assessment? It doesn’t say on the email who I should contact but it’s on Thursday and now I’m worried I won’t be able to do it!

Also, my passport expired in May (I thought it was next year) of this year so will I still be able to use that as evidence for my Group 1?

My passport expired last year too. I contacted capital and they said drivers licence would be OK but if offered a place would need to apply for a new passport.
Original post by Chia Festa
Yes we were! :smile:

Congrats on getting through too!
Original post by Teenieme88
My passport expired last year too. I contacted capital and they said drivers licence would be OK but if offered a place would need to apply for a new passport.

Thank you. I am looking at applying for a new one now.
Please can I ask a tricky question as it's been bugging me all day.

If they ask me why I want to be a social worker, is it ok to bring up my own experience of having a social worker when I was a child? Or would they think I'm playing the emotional card?
Original post by alkhansa

If they ask me why I want to be a social worker, is it ok to bring up my own experience of having a social worker when I was a child? Or would they think I'm playing the emotional card?

I don’t think it’s the emotional card I think it’s being open and able to share own experiences and if that is your reason to become a social worker then definitely state that!

I emailed to ask and they said to use my birth certificate alongside my driving licence in replacement of a passport. Hope that helps 😊
Original post by Mollsmae
I emailed to ask and they said to use my birth certificate alongside my driving licence in replacement of a passport. Hope that helps 😊

Thank you for your reply! Can’t believe that I didn’t even realise, but it was in date when I submitted my application in March so just put it to the back of my mind until today.

I emailed capital today and didn’t get a very helpful reply, have emailed my regional coordinator to see if they can help too.
Original post by Mollsmae

I am unsure about the passport issue but i know i have the written assessment on Thursday and they have said the link will come tomorrow.
Original post by olivia.crozier2
It sounds like everyone London area are hearing first lol, they might have been interviewed first - I’m waiting hear from West Midlands

Thank you, I will just keep checking my emails!
Wirral, Cheshire crewe etc have been told that we will probably not hear before the end of July
Original post by amandajane52
Yes, as Leebee88 said, we have also both had the same issue. I’ve emailed to let them know, but I haven’t heard anything back yet.

@Leebee 88 yes I had the same today and was able to confirm and accept ☺️
See you guys in January!
Thank you for your reply! Can’t believe that I didn’t even realise, but it was in date when I submitted my application in March so just put it to the back of my mind until today.

I emailed capital today and didn’t get a very helpful reply, have emailed my regional coordinator to see if they can help too.

I emailed and had a response from my regional support officer (think that was his title?) and he was actually there on my assessment date. I've heard Capita are really backlogged at the minute hence why I just didn't bother lol. But I had a quick response so hopefully you will too 🤞🏻 good luck!!
Original post by alkhansa

I spoke about my experiences of having social workers as my motivation ☺️
Morning All,

I had my AC yesterday and again completely messed it up, reflecting on it now I didn't answer the questions appropriately in the interview went completely off topic lol. The group exercise was good, role play not so good. Its safe to say I won't be getting a place but it was a really enjoyable morning and not particularly hard at all. I was just completely unprepared, I will definitely try again when applications open for the next cohort.

Well done and congratulations to those that have received a place and good luck to those still going through the process.
Original post by robeccap
Congratulations to everybody who has got a place. Has anybody heard from the East Midlands application yet?

I am East Mids and doing the AC tomorrow. It is the final one, so I’m guessing people will start to hear after that. Think I read August time somewhere- Good Luck!
Original post by chocolatprincess
Morning All,

I had my AC yesterday and again completely messed it up, reflecting on it now I didn't answer the questions appropriately in the interview went completely off topic lol. The group exercise was good, role play not so good. Its safe to say I won't be getting a place but it was a really enjoyable morning and not particularly hard at all. I was just completely unprepared, I will definitely try again when applications open for the next cohort.

Well done and congratulations to those that have received a place and good luck to those still going through the process.

I felt I did ok yesturday but I know I messed up the written task so as we found out u have to pass each parts to be successful i m sure I won't be getting a place either :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest