How can I unlock the ability to send private messages on TSR?

Watch this thread
Kolni
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ethane_the_pug
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kolni)
need to be a member 3 days, post a few questions in forums. but even that dont matter in my case smh
K_mads
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ethane_the_pug)
need to be a member 3 days, post a few questions in forums. but even that dont matter in my case smh
Exactly, I'm a bit baffled ngl..
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You should have the ability soon new users have limitations on PMs and VMs to reduce spamming and trolling
Kierryc
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m having the same issue, didn’t realize I needed to post questions before I could reply to PM’s
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
Probationary usergroup :drool:
Lemur14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kolni)
I believe you need at least 10 or 15 posts in the main forum :yep: But don't spam or the posts get removed and then they don't count
Kolni
Rep:
thanks for all the answers, I have been posting in forums for over 3 days so I guess I just need to post a bit more maybe??
(btw, i'm asking bc someone PM'd me a question and i can't respond)
Kolni
Rep:
(Original post by Lemur14)
I believe you need at least 10 or 15 posts in the main forum :yep: But don't spam or the posts get removed and then they don't count
what do u mean by main forum?
Lemur14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kolni)
what do u mean by main forum?
In any of these forums
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php
Kolni
Rep:
In any of these forums
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php
i think i have been posting in those forums so let's just hope the system sorts itself out
stormm3yy18
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
posted in forums and been a member for a few years but now i cant send messages?
emzc22
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Do you think the new policies have glitched? I've been a member for a few months and I've made several posts today but it still says I need to make 2 more. I just want to talk to my friends on here again
stormm3yy18
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emzc22)
Do you think the new policies have glitched? I've been a member for a few months and I've made several posts today but it still says I need to make 2 more. I just want to talk to my friends on here again
Where does it say how many more post you need to make
Ethane_the_pug
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
ok so its 10-15 questions? thank you. i was really confused when it said post a few times cause ive got 203 posts under my belt.
BlinkyBill
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kolni)
Hello! We've just updated the criteria for being able to send PMs so that's why it may look different now. You just need to have been a member for 3 days and made 2 posts in the forums.
emzc22
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stormm3yy18)
Where does it say how many more post you need to make
Whenever I go to send a PM that's what it tells me
BlinkyBill
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kolni)
Hey hey, so we've just looked into it and it looks like there's a delay in the way the changes are being processed for some members, but it should fix itself overnight tonight. Can you check back tomorrow and see if it's started working? Give me a shout here if not. Sorry for the weird transition - not what we'd planned!
username5600688
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You've to sacrifice two virgins to Thor first.
Lemur14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ethane_the_pug)
ok so its 10-15 questions? thank you. i was really confused when it said post a few times cause ive got 203 posts under my belt.
Looks like the criteria has been update, if you read above hopefully it will be processed for you in the next few days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise