The Student Room Group

Student accommodatjon

Okay so I’m looking into doing an apprenticeship after I finish college, however the place I’m looking at would mean I’d have to move to a different city (Birmingham). Would I be eligible to stay in student accommodation, like rented apartment/flats even though I’d be an apprentice and not a university attendee? Any help appreciated !!
You would need to find private accommodation as part time students are usually not eligible to be on campus
Original post by rosie711
Okay so I’m looking into doing an apprenticeship after I finish college, however the place I’m looking at would mean I’d have to move to a different city (Birmingham). Would I be eligible to stay in student accommodation, like rented apartment/flats even though I’d be an apprentice and not a university attendee? Any help appreciated !!

Hi @rosie711,

It depends per university if you're eligble to rent their student halls and also depends on the duration of your internship. I would recommend to check with the Accommodation Officer of that Uni. You can always go for private student accommodation, which is often also more flexible in terms of the start and end date of your rent contract. Nido Student offers a modern student accommodation in the heart of Birmingham, welcoming full-time students as well as those doing their internship or appreticeships. We are located just a few minutes’ walk from both Aston University and Birmingham City University and offer modern fully-furnished studio and ensuite rooms. If you want more information, check out our website (https://www.nidostudent.com/locations/birmingham/globe-works/) or contact us directly :smile:.

Thanks,
Puck
Nido Student
Hi dunno if u got an accom yet but I have a 45 week contract with ONYX 5th floor ensuite Conner room ( it was a rebook for the same room I’m in now great room will send pic if interested) £150 deposit and £155 a week great location 5-10 min walk to bcu and 5min walk to Aston uni let me know if u know anyone aswell who’s interested if your already booked with someone else xxx

Quick Reply