The Student Room Group

Why did he want to take pictures with me on the first date?

Been on three dates with this guy who I really like, and he seems really into me.
Anyway when we first went on a date we spent hours together and it was around Christmas time and we met up in town. Where we went in town there is a lot of statues etc.

when we passed a Christmas tree he said I should take a picture underneath the tree and I said why would I and he was like because “I think you want to” and I awkwardly had to say no I’m good thanks. Then we passed a statue and he said the same thing, asking if I wanted to take a picture with it and I said who would I take it with? And he said with me. I found this really strange since it was the first time I ever met him and i don’t like photos taken of me because I’m insecure and I had to awkwardly keep saying no a couple of times to get him off the subject (he wasn’t pushy but he did try to get convince more than a couple of times).

I’ve never had this before and found it bizarre to get this from someone I’d not met before.
i agree lol

he seems lowkey dodgy lol, just saying
Original post by Anonymous
Been on three dates with this guy who I really like, and he seems really into me.
Anyway when we first went on a date we spent hours together and it was around Christmas time and we met up in town. Where we went in town there is a lot of statues etc.

when we passed a Christmas tree he said I should take a picture underneath the tree and I said why would I and he was like because “I think you want to” and I awkwardly had to say no I’m good thanks. Then we passed a statue and he said the same thing, asking if I wanted to take a picture with it and I said who would I take it with? And he said with me. I found this really strange since it was the first time I ever met him and i don’t like photos taken of me because I’m insecure and I had to awkwardly keep saying no a couple of times to get him off the subject (he wasn’t pushy but he did try to get convince more than a couple of times).

I’ve never had this before and found it bizarre to get this from someone I’d not met before.

Oh that's a bit awkward, did you try and explain to him why. I hate photos being taken off me too, usually from bad experiences with my mates where I just look like a meme ready to go viral lmfao.

I think, if you like him just tell him and as long as he doesn't do it again until you're comfortable then it should be fine.
Maybe he wants to show his mum whose emotionally abusive and tells him that he isn’t enough for a girl
Several possible reasons.
Photography may be one of his favourite hobbies, he want to upload lots of photos with new people to his social media accounts, might be trying to prove something to a friend/relative/ex or could be in the habit of keep a photo book/virtual album of all dates & hookups (quite a few of my friends do this).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending