RobertoUK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What's it like studying in UK during the pandemic? I'm curious what your days are like being at uni and how much things have changed for you.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RobertoUK)
What's it like studying in UK during the pandemic? I'm curious what your days are like being at uni and how much things have changed for you.
Tbh I really like it because you don’t have to worry about waiting for the next class in a few hours, you don’t bump into ppl you hate (especially classmates) and paper isn’t wasted when submitting results . Although you do worry about the power and internet outage events but other than that, all good man!
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi RobertoUK
Studying during Covid has been different for me! Luckily during last term i had a mixture of in person and online modules, but part of my course is usually practical (theatre student) . So last term Lancaster had a blended approach to learning ! I’m currently completing the rest of my modules online due to the current restrictions of lockdown ! It’s my third year so it’s definitely been different to my previous years of study ! I have found there to be some benefits to be online eg doing pre recorded lecturers whenever you want, however there are also difficulties eg internet connection etc ! But I’m glad I can still continue my studies during the pandemic ! Let me know if you have any questions ! Lancaster University Student ambassador Holly
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiya RobertoUK,

I'm a final year student studying Marketing with Psychology.

This last year has been very different to my previous but have managed to live with my friends and still have fun and make the most of it!

In term 1 last October I had a blended learning approach so a mix of face-to-face and online teaching. However, due to lockdown I now am only taught online. I have a diary and plane when I need to watch my pre-recorded lectures and complete any seminar activities and core reading, as well as my planned timetable for when I need to attend online drop-ins and seminars. I have found this works best for me alongside making sure I get out for a walk every day and have a change of scenery!

I have tried to always maintain a rhythm every day and have a few simple steps to follow that get me to start the day. I've also found staying in touch with friends and family at home and at university really vital! Lockdown can be a lonely time for everyone so it’s very important to keep in contact with one another. I’ve loved having weekly facetime catch ups with my friends and would always recommend it. I’ve also been playing online games over Facetime and Zoom calls with friends. I really recommend the apps Psych and Emoji Charades which allow you to play with your friends virtually. I would really recommend looking into Jackbox Games as they have hundreds of great interactive games like Quiplash and Drawful.

Sam- Official Student Rep
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey RobertoUK

I'm in my final year studying the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice at Strathclyde. I study on a part-time basis so my days can be quite long after working all day then coming home to do evening classes on zoom for a couple hours. My routine hasn't changed that much as I'm still working in retail like I was before the pandemic. My seminars have been online since the beginning of the term last September. I've actually enjoyed having seminars online as I'd usually leave work around 5pm and wait until class started at 6pm, then have a 2 hour class to finally get home at 9pm in the evening. I'm now able to have my dinner earlier and don't have to worry about getting home so late at night. On my days off, I try and get up early and do my uni work then I have the rest of the day to relax. I usually aim to work for at least 5 hours a day on my days off then I have the rest of the day to relax.

After I've finished all my work, I take some time out at the end of the day to cook and watch some tv. I also make sure to take some time off at the weekend. I try and get most of my uni work finished during the week so that I'm spending less time on it at the weekend. I also try and make plans for the weekend, like going out for socially distanced walks with friends where I live and grabbing a takeaway coffee on the way. This means I have something to look forward to!

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Last edited by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador; 1 week ago
University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it varies on the university you're at and the course you're on. Some of my friends at other uni's are working fully online and have done since the pandemic started, whereas Sunderland have gone for the hybrid approach which is good as it includes online lectures, seminars and workshops with timetabled teaching and other activities on campus. It does also depend on your course, I study English so all mine can technically be done online, however, I know if you study Nursing/Medicine etc (more practical lessons) these students have scheduled lab time which is still socially distanced and in smaller groups but still better than nothing. It's worth researching what your universities approach is as it does differ. I'm able to still go onto campus and use the library facilities etc so it doesn't feel too bad for me, but obviously, I have missed the social aspect of everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%