Is it possible to learn SQL in 2 days?

Watch this thread
Dragon89
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I have passed an interview stage and now I am onto the assessment stage.

This was for an operations role but they have asked to complete an assessment on codesignal called free text.

I didn’t expect this, I have prior experience with SQL but it’s limited and I have forgot most of it.

Let me know your thoughts
s4460s
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dragon89)
Hi,

This was for an operations role but they have asked to complete an assessment on codesignal called free text.

I didn’t expect this, I have prior experience with SQL but it’s limited and I have forgot most of it.

It depends how far you are willing to go with SQL. I would say that if you spent a good amount of time, you could get a good grasp of SQL statements, then perhaps move on to setting up databases with MySQL (assuming you have a linux Terminal at hand) and how to manage things such as basic security, querying/modifying the database, configuring which users have which permissions to the database - basic configuration like that. There are some well documented guides online for this so do some research you should find some helpful stuff! Good luck with the rest of your assessment.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dragon89)
Hi,

How much prior experience? How much are you expected to know? Is this an internship or an FTC?

What do you mean by Operations? Are you going to be at the backend actually building these database systems, or are you an Operations Manager/Analyst on the frontline having to generate reports and insight from a database?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads