ollst311
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do the big 4 do work that is to do with forecasting and creating financial plans for their clients. If so what is this called and do they run a graduate program in it.
ollst311
Rep:
?
Any ideas
thrwawy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just off the top of my head I cannot think of one, that’s normally something that’s done in house.

Closest thing would be transaction services but not accounting side.

Typical career path from big4 (audit/accounting) is into industry where FP&A is an option.
ollst311
Rep:
?
OK thank you
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ollst311)
Do the big 4 do work that is to do with forecasting and creating financial plans for their clients. If so what is this called and do they run a graduate program in it.
Yes they do, business modelling groups, some parts of consulting may as well, corporate finance lead advisory might a little in the context of a transaction.
ollst311
Rep:
?
I was thinking they would do a bit of it in deal advisory specifically M&A.
anonuser99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ollst311)
I was thinking they would do a bit of it in deal advisory specifically M&A.
They do. It varies by name but is generally found under deal advisory, transaction services, financial due diligence kind of names. These graduate schemes are extremely competitive (as they are often viewed as a route into IB) and are often filled by those who do the summer internships.
manlikedabilz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wtf does anyone want to work for the big 4 for or in IB, just get a job at a local accounting practice. IB is bloody prison and impossible to get into and the big 4 is stressful AF
anonuser99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by manlikedabilz)
wtf does anyone want to work for the big 4 for or in IB, just get a job at a local accounting practice. IB is bloody prison and impossible to get into and the big 4 is stressful AF
Because $$$
thrwawy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by manlikedabilz)
Some people enjoy working in high pressure environments? Exit opportunities? The experience? More interesting work? Better pay? The list goes on...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (597)
49.18%
No (617)
50.82%

Watched Threads