willotree
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, it’s quite annoying seeing as all the other areas are progressing with offers.
(Original post by Zest888)
I know all my references & my counter signatory all responded back but my status is still the same.
Still , I’ll have to be patient
The wheels are moving ever so slowly
Priz95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I got my call today..
They informed me that even though I scored high by the time they got to me my preferences had all filled up and I had to go with my 5th one which was Harrow.
Don’t know if that helps anyone but yeah... gutted it’s the furthest away from me as I’m in Hounslow but it’s the only choice I had.
They also said I won’t be able to change if any vacancies freed up left at the other locations.
Zest888
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Priz95)
I got my call today..
They informed me that even though I scored high by the time they got to me my preferences had all filled up and I had to go with my 5th one which was Harrow.
Don’t know if that helps anyone but yeah... gutted it’s the furthest away from me as I’m in Hounslow but it’s the only choice I had.
They also said I won’t be able to change if any vacancies freed up left at the other locations.
Congratulations on the call. 😊

Did you accept it? You should consider it it’s a pain to get to Hounslow to Harrow unless you drive (even then it’s traffic all the way & parking is expensive in Harrow).
When is your start date?
Last edited by Zest888; 3 weeks ago
Priz95
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zest888)
Congratulations on the call. 😊

Did you accept it? You should consider it it’s a pain to get to Hounslow to Harrow unless you drive (even then it’s traffic all the way & parking is expensive in Harrow).
When is your start date?
Thank you!
Yeah he didn’t really give me a choice actually - was Harrow or nothing.
I do drive so hopefully they provide some sort of parking - training is going to be at Park Royal for now though. Start date is 12th April.
Have you heard anything yet?
tararumi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Priz95)
I got my call today..
Congratulations! It’s been a long wait. Hopefully rest of us will hear soon? Could you pls share what your preferences were?
willotree
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just got the call for West London! I got my first preference and start on the 12th of April!
bossman75
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by willotree)
I just got the call for West London! I got my first preference and start on the 12th of April!
ongrats!!!! Did you get email about your pecs being completed before the call? Also which location tdid you get?
willotree
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you! It’s still conditional as my checks haven’t completed yet and I got hillingdon.
(Original post by bossman75)
ongrats!!!! Did you get email about your pecs being completed before the call? Also which location tdid you get?
bossman75
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by willotree)
Thank you! It’s still conditional as my checks haven’t completed yet and I got hillingdon.
I just recieved an email offering me to be considered for 2 more west london boroughs. It looks like they are taking us all of the reserves for west lodon in the upcoming weeks. Fingers crossed
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just recieved an email offering me to be considered for 2 more west london boroughs. It looks like they are taking us all of the reserves for west lodon in the upcoming weeks. Fingers crossed
I just got that email too! But what is weird for me is I had a provisional offer and completed my pecs but was waiting for the email/call and now I do not know whether to be disappointed or still remain hopeful 😅
Mickeybuns
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys! I also just got an email to consider two other boroughs (one of them actually being the one I live in) but I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I'm already into my second week of training at another location in Berkshire! Would much prefer the new one as its closer and more money but I've also settled in nicely in my current one! Anyway well done to those who got their call!!
willotree
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, I also received the same email but was told to just ignore this on the phone call, as I agreed to my area. They’re definitely going to start placing people now as vacancies have opened up in Ealing. Shouldn’t be long now! Hope you all get a call soon!
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
willotree Hey, if you do not mind me asking, were you on the reserve list before getting the call?
willotree
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes! I was on the reserve list from the 9th of Feb
(Original post by RR03x)
willotree Hey, if you do not mind me asking, were you on the reserve list before getting the call?
Last edited by willotree; 3 weeks ago
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
willotreeThank you and Congrats! It is really good to see more West London applicants getting calls now! 😊 Did you get a call from a 0800 number or private number? I am also confused about the pec checks as you mentioned you got the call before your checks being completed but when I asked someone from DWP they said I will get the ‘your pecs are completed’ email first. Though, I read on tsr that others also got the call before their checks were completed. I missed three calls from a private number within a few hours so I thought it might have been the DWP but was told that until I get the email, I should assume it was not them. So now I am trying not to get my hopes up haha and lowered my expectations 😅
willotree
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you, and I was actually called from a mobile number, which I was told I’m able to call back if I have any questions or issues and that’s not true! If vacancies arise, they are able to offer candidates a conditional contract which will then turn unconditional when PEC’s are completed. It may have been DWP, don’t worry it seems they’re finally getting around to placing us
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
willotreeAhh thank you so much, you have been very helpful! That is good to know, I was thinking it would take even longer to place people if we had to wait for checks to be completed. Thank you for the reassurance and I hope all of our checks are completed asap too!
willotree
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’re more than welcome! Plenty of people have been called prior to their checks being completed so don’t fret. Yes, it’s a step in the right direction! Let us know when things change
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Definitely will!
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey! I received the call just about an hour ago today and I got Harlesden, starting 19th April and conditional pending the completion of the pecs!
Last edited by RR03x; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads