willotree
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yaaaay! That’s great news, congrats
(Original post by RR03x)
Hey! I received the call just about an hour ago today and I got Harlesden, starting 19th April and conditional pending the completion of the pecs!
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much! Your advice was spot on! Could not be more relieved now and wishing everyone all the best too!
willotree
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’re so welcome! All the best in your new role and hope everyone gets those calls asap
Zest888
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by willotree)
You’re so welcome! All the best in your new role and hope everyone gets those calls asap
Congrats 😊
Can I ask .... was the call from a mobile ?
Still waiting ... 😰
bossman75
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zest888)
Congrats 😊
Can I ask .... was the call from a mobile ?
Still waiting ... 😰
I am also still waiting however I have a feeling we will get the call by the end of this week
bossman75
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RR03x)
Hey! I received the call just about an hour ago today and I got Harlesden, starting 19th April and conditional pending the completion of the pecs!
Was Harlesden your first choice?
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bossman75)
Was Harlesden your first choice?
Yes it was, Brent was my first choice then Harrow and then Hillingdon
bossman75
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RR03x)
Yes it was, Brent was my first choice then Harrow and then Hillingdon
Thats interesting as I saw you also got the email asking if you may be interested in other boroughs. I still have hope I may end up with my 1st preference now.
RR03x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah that’s true, I felt the same too and was not expecting the first choice so I was ready to accept any of them. I almost said yes to the Ealing one because I was so nervous but then I thought it would better to wait and see. Did you respond to that email and say yes to either of those boroughs? I do hope you get your first preference too! Which is your first choice?
bossman75
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
got the email that pecs are now successfully complete. still no call yet thoguh
Zest888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
got the email that pecs are now successfully complete. still no call yet thoguh
Sooooo frustrating..... but at least that’s another milestone. Let’s hope that we get something very soon. Did you say yes to
Ealing?
Priz95
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
You get allocated an area depending on what area has a vacancy at the time that they get to your name. It may be that the only vacancy is at your 5th preference but by the next name a vacancy at your 1st preference may have become available...If that makes sense? I know because I tried to get mine changed as I got my 5th but have been advised to wait to start then discuss it with my line manager..To everyone to hasn’t got calls - don’t lose hope I’m sure they will get to you too
alf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Welcome aboard new WL colleagues and hope to see more of you here successful in placement as well.

If you have any questions (non recruitment as I am not up to date with that!) ask away
Zest888
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good morning My pecs are completed. Just getting a bit anxious. We are told that you are picked “by merit” from reserve list. However I can’t see any scores - but that won’t mean much if you don’t know where you are on the list. Just getting concerned that the number of vacancies as was advertised in January for west London are actually there if I’ve satisfied everything and ticked all the boxes required. It would be helpful and reassuring to get an email along the lines of - please be patient. We are doing XYZ in order to get your placement.
I can see that people are getting placed without their checks being completed- albeit conditional until all passed.
Just need a bit of reassurance on this ... thank you for your time 😊
Last edited by Zest888; 1 week ago
oreg2009
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good morning My pecs are completed. Just getting a bit anxious. We are told that you are picked “by merit” from reserve list. However I can’t see any scores - but that won’t mean much if you don’t know where you are on the list. Just getting concerned that the number of vacancies as was advertised in January for west London are actually there if I’ve satisfied everything and ticked all the boxes required. It would be helpful and reassuring to get an email along the lines of - please be patient. We are doing XYZ in order to get your placement.
I can see that people are getting placed without their checks being completed- albeit conditional until all passed.
Just need a bit of reassurance on this ... thank you for your time 😊
Hey,
I think there are a lot of people still waiting on responses and a lot on reserve list. The whole process can be very very slow, some districts/areas seem to respond a lot quicker - however I do think West London may have had one of the largest amount of applicants. i submitted application - 9 working days later received provisional offer - 6 working days later received comms I had been placed on reserve (9th Feb) - then received email regarding Ealing/Wandsworth on 19th March like others- did not respond - so current situation - still waiting.
Zest888
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by oreg2009)
Hey,
I think there are a lot of people still waiting on responses and a lot on reserve list. The whole process can be very very slow, some districts/areas seem to respond a lot quicker - however I do think West London may have had one of the largest amount of applicants. i submitted application - 9 working days later received provisional offer - 6 working days later received comms I had been placed on reserve (9th Feb) - then received email regarding Ealing/Wandsworth on 19th March like others- did not respond - so current situation - still waiting.
I said yes to Ealing- it suits me. Yes process is slow. Surely the number of us on reserve will match the number of vacancies.
If not then you think you’ve got a job after all of the interviews and checks - then nothing.
That doesn’t sound right .........
Just have to be patient.... hopefully the 3 months reserve limit will be extended
Zest888
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey - anyone with any news at all? It’s a quiet week by the look of it .....
bossman75
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey - anyone with any news at all? It’s a quiet week by the look of it .....
starting to get worried now
Zest888
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
starting to get worried now
Me too. It’s too quiet.
Have you called them at all?
bossman75
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Me too. It’s too quiet.
Have you called them at all?
I did try call them and all they said was you have to wait...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads