The Student Room Group

so stressed out

I am in year 11 right now and in this lockdown i have not been able to do any revision and i have my mocks as soon as i go back. i feel so sick and stressed out about everything. I feel like I am going to fail all of my subjects. Last night I didnt even sleep- sorry if it sounds like i am being an attention seeker- but i really cant stop thinking about what will happen with my GCSEs. I feel like i am not going to get the grades I need and then i will end up disappointing everyone. Do you think if i start revising now I will be able to get good grades in 3 weeks (until 8th march). Tbh i really dont know why I am posting this. I just hope someone can give me some tips to stop overthinking I guess.
Original post by Anonymous
I am in year 11 right now and in this lockdown i have not been able to do any revision and i have my mocks as soon as i go back. i feel so sick and stressed out about everything. I feel like I am going to fail all of my subjects. Last night I didnt even sleep- sorry if it sounds like i am being an attention seeker- but i really cant stop thinking about what will happen with my GCSEs. I feel like i am not going to get the grades I need and then i will end up disappointing everyone. Do you think if i start revising now I will be able to get good grades in 3 weeks (until 8th march). Tbh i really dont know why I am posting this. I just hope someone can give me some tips to stop overthinking I guess.

don’t worry bro, i’m the same. just try revising a lot, create a time table for the 3 weeks, create topic lists, tick off whatever you already know and print out papers ect- you could finish it all just don’t overwork yourself,
why r u revising if there's no exams.. just chill u won't et this time back again xx
Reply 3
Original post by blobfish123
why r u revising if there's no exams.. just chill u won't et this time back again xx

exams aren't cancelled really they are still going through but ofqual is acting like they are going to be 'mini assessments' but they are going to matter like exams would have. you get what i am saying right because i dont know how to explain it lol
Reply 4
Original post by hihihihihuhh
don’t worry bro, i’m the same. just try revising a lot, create a time table for the 3 weeks, create topic lists, tick off whatever you already know and print out papers ect- you could finish it all just don’t overwork yourself,

thanks man i am trying :frown:
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there, I am in year 12 and i was in a similar-ish position too you not too long ago. The best thing you can do is a few hours of revision (2-3 hours) coming up to the exams. Then you will feel like you did do at least something and you can take the rest of the day to relax and to improve your mental health. Trust me though, universities pay less attention to your GCSE's so its important to just make sure you pass and then put more emphasis on the course you do next. Hope this helps and wishing you some relaxation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest