Opinions on Thiago at Liverpool

Watch
InterKnow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What is everyone's opinion on Thiago at Liverpool so far? I know he's class but I don't think he suits the style of play
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Thiago was a phenomenal player for Bayern Munich, but the thing is he adapted his game to a more posession style of play and unfortunately Liverpool's style is too physical for him. It's also important to consider that Thiago's play style can be deemed to slow for Liverpool as they're used to quick counter attacks and then he lacks the physicality that Fabinho and Henderson have. However, you can also argue this has by no means been an easy season for Liverpool as they've had to put players out of position and imo Thiago best works as a CAM, not a holding midfielder, he needs to have back up in defence to ensure he gets the best quality of play. I get he played as a central midfielder in Bayern for the Bundesliga, but the PL is a lot more fast paced and physical. I believe that Liverpool will get the best out of him- if he plays in a similar way Silva, Fabregas, Modric and Scholes played.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Moved to the Football forum
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I edited the name to make it clearer what is it about.

I have not really an opinion on that player, as I did not see him play so far.
Last edited by 8472; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (190)
52.2%
No (174)
47.8%

Watched Threads