The Student Room Group

year 10 mocks

Hi,
so basically my year 10 mocks are coming up on March 22 and I am stressing out because it's all paper 1 stuff and during lock down last year i literally just handed in my work with answers from the internet for online school last year so i know nothing now! :frown: I really want to do good in my mocks but when i tried doing a foundation paper i could only answer like 2 questions out of the whole paper!! I just regret wasting that time and I don't know how to revise now because I will have to start from the very beginning and I cannot do that because I do 10 subjects. All my teachers have very high expectations for me and i really want to do well. Could anyone give me advice on what I should do? should I start taking notes? any advice would be appreciated! sorry for my grammar i'm stressing out right now :frown: I know people would say it's just mocks but it means a lot to me.
(edited 3 years ago)
Whatever you do in year 10 would never count towards your year 11 grades, so in the unlikely circumstance that your GCSE’s will be cancelled in 2022, you don’t need to worry about how you perform. I’d say take it slow, learn the content bit by bit so you don’t burn out and find it hard to revise in year 11. Working hard before year 11 is kind of pointless, but it’s fine to keep on top of your work by revising as you go along and preparing if you want that to continue onto year 11. But yeah, don’t stress, revise but not too much. I doubt year 10 teachers care how you do in their tests as much as you think; they don’t count towards anything!
Reply 2
It's true that your year 10 grades don't really contribute to anything in year 11. But despite that, I think you should find the specifications from the exam boards for the subjects you're doing and work through them so you know exactly what you should be learning. For maths specifically, I recommend you keep using past paper questions and learn from the mistakes you make on it. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by dumbo23
Hi,
so basically my year 10 mocks are coming up on March 22 and I am stressing out because it's all paper 1 stuff and during lock down last year i literally just handed in my work with answers from the internet so i know nothing now! :frown: I really want to do good in my mocks but when i tried doing a foundation paper i could only answer like 2 questions out of the whole paper!! I just regret wasting that time and I don't know how to revise now because I will have to start from the very beginning and I cannot do that because I do 10 subjects. All my teachers have very high expectations for me and i really want to do well. Could anyone give me advice on what I should do? should I start taking notes? any advice would be appreciated! sorry for my grammar i'm stressing out right now :frown: I know people would say it's just mocks but it means a lot to me.

Past paper questions are the way to go! Try physics and maths tutor ( the website) for topic specific past paper questions for the sciences and maths. For essay subjects and stuff write essay plans for possible questions related to your course. Make sure your revision is effective and more often than not, writing notes are not effective. Quiz yourself - Quizlets, Kahoots with mates, online quizes, past papers, worksheets! And I am just like you; people can tel you they dont matter but if you are a perfectionist like myself you will want to bang out. Good luck man and I hope everything goes well!!
Reply 4
Than you to everyone who replied and gave me awesome advice :smile: i am trying to stay as optimistic as possible and following the advice you guys gave ! thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest