ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lostgirl93)
I was thinking of doing master’s somewhere in mainland Europe - the Netherlands or Germany for example. And then I don’t know where I’m gonna end up living
If you are overseas you are required to make payments on the loans based on your income. You wouldn’t need to while studying for a masters as you wouldn’t have the level of income.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lostgirl93)
Thank for the insights. What if I do leave the country?
You need to notify the SLC, and probably do some extra paperwork to make sure they match up your current earnings with your repayments etc. As long as they know this and you are making repayments were you should be, it's not a problem. If you just...don't tell anyone then they will probably expect you to pay up sooner or later, and likely at least all the backpayments in one go...
Bbarton18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I would be really interested to hear peoples experiences that graduated with no student debt!! Please get in touch if that applies to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.38%
No (609)
50.62%

Watched Threads